• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UConn Edsall wants BigEast to expand

Rizman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ya, but scheduling 5 nonconference games a year is very hard. 4 is tough enough

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  526
  • Days Won:  0

The Big 8 survived as a league for decades.  Now this was prior to the 12-team leagues and the 12 team schedule but they had a 3Home, 4 away schedule forever. 

Yes it did survive for decades, however it eventually saw the need to get bigger.  Therefore we now have the Big 12.  I'm sure you know, but not everyone, that the Big 8 is the predecessor of the Big 12. 

• Content Count:  4,642

would the Big 9 really be that much of a difference?  the only reason i say this is that it will be nearly impossible to lure someone away from the acc and it won't be worthwhile to get a non-bcs team and ND doesnt give a ****

• Content Count:  526

would the Big 9 really be that much of a difference?  the only reason i say this is that it will be nearly impossible to lure someone away from the acc and it won't be worthwhile to get a non-bcs team and ND doesnt give a ****

MEMPHIS, MEMPHIS, MEMPHIS!!!!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The Big 8 survived as a league for decades.  Now this was prior to the 12-team leagues and the 12 team schedule but they had a 3Home, 4 away schedule forever. 

Yes it did survive for decades, however it eventually saw the need to get bigger.  Therefore we now have the Big 12.  I'm sure you know, but not everyone, that the Big 8 is the predecessor of the Big 12. 

Yes, but it took the Southwest Conference disbanding for the Big 12 to form.  Arkansas bolted, and the rest of the SWC (itself an 8 or 9 team conference) fell apart for myriad reasons.  Adding a team for scheduling purposes only will not happen.  A team will be added if the football/non-football split or some team out there makes financial sense to add.

• Content Count:  883

I like Memphis as well.  They bring a decent football team that could be better and a great basketball team.  Basketball only schools would hopefully be happy getting such a good team and potential big road draw like Memphis.  Also, I really like the fact that you would get 4 home and 4 road conference games every year.

• Content Count:  1,457

Navy and Marshall - I guess if we had to cherry pick another from C-USA Memphis would be a distant 3rd.  I like the ultimatum to ND above!

Archived