• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What is USF's Gun Policy?

mikebeau

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

the threat of geting gunned down would deter psychos

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If they are truely psycho, nothing is going to deter them.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Trust me, they dont give out conceal carry permits to just any college students.

Gotta be 21 and shoot once at the range, after a long class on the laws.

Plus extensive background checks.

But if you want no one to stop the crazed gunman, thats your choice

I had to sit through a 4 hour class and then fire a single shot that hit a human size target ~5' away.  I am not even sure I had to hit the target, prolly just had to not shoot myself or the instructor.  I would bet most college students have a hard time coming up with the money for the license and fingerprinting than actually passing the course.  Anyway I don't have a strong position on guns on campus either way, but the course to obtain the concealed carry permit is something less than rigorous. 

• Content Count:  5,241

In a large classroom, you just need one skilled, mature person able to strike back.

I could care less if its a concealed permit holder or some guy with good aim and a large book.

But since USF doesnt want to pay for real cops, the next most feasible idea is allowing conceal permit holders to carry on campus. tenuous

I wouldnt object to more rigorous tests to carry on campus, I just think its the best way right now to cut these crazy shootings out.

Just because you have a gun, doesnt make USF turn into the OK Corral. The rest of Florida is still civil

• Content Count:  2,478

Unless you are an officer of the law, no guns are allowed on campus.

There was an issue last year over the posession of having an airsoft gun.

What are the rules on airsoft?

• Content Count:  1,911

I love how you assume anyone with a canceled weapons permit is responsible and wouldn’t go shooting people just the same.

There have been shootings at a mall and a church recently...i didn’t hear of anyone with a canceled weapon coming to the rescue there...did you?

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I love how you assume anyone with a canceled weapons permit is responsible and wouldn’t go shooting people just the same.

There have been shootings at a mall and a church recently...i didn’t hear of anyone with a canceled weapon coming to the rescue there...did you?

Wasn't the church shooting where the security guard (with a concealed carry) shot some guy running around with a gun?  I don't remember the entire story but I am pretty sure she had a concealed weapons permit and shot a guy who was getting ready to shoot a bunch of people.

Archived