• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More stupid attendance drivel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  289
  • Days Won:  0

How would you know that it shakes when 45k jump up and down? Other than Texas, UCF didn't break 35 for the rest of the season. I think the "you must buy season tix to go to the Texas game" mandate backfired a bit huh?

Um 42K the very next week.  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272652116

Averaged 44K on the year.

You got anything besides your lies to back you up?  Linkage?  anything...  Didn't think so. 

I think the point is that, yeah, we have grown accustomed to a nice stadium, so no one here wants to run out and build one just because. When we have the funding to build what we want, we will build it.

If you're waiting to build something comparable to an NFL stadium, then keep on dreaming.  It's never going to happen.

I don't care for UCF's stadium, however, if what I have heard is correct, UCF was about to be homeless for a little while with citrus bowl renovations and things. So, UCF did what was best for them at the time. We are not in that situation. Ray Jay is a phenominal facility, and is not in need of renovating.

You don't need renovations to be homeless at Ray Jay.  All that has to happen is the ACC says they want to use the Buc's stadium and... voila! you're homeless.  Congratulations.

I think you can rest assured that when USF makes a move, it will be well thought out. Right now, I would rather see us upgrade baseball and softball facilities before even considering an OCS.

Well thought out like the Sundome?  Yeah that thing is a modern marvel. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

knight_fan, don't you want to clarify your attendance using "butts in the seats"?  Tickets distributed won't make the Frying Pan collapse.... You played hoops in a freaking garage until this year.  You have no room to talk...No one said we want to build an NFL stadium, we just don't want one without water fountains and one that you have to ban music because of...and why are you here?

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

How would you know that it shakes when 45k jump up and down? Other than Texas, UCF didn't break 35 for the rest of the season. I think the "you must buy season tix to go to the Texas game" mandate backfired a bit huh?

Um 42K the very next week.  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272652116

Averaged 44K on the year.

You got anything besides your lies to back you up?  Linkage?  anything...  Didn't think so. 

I think the point is that, yeah, we have grown accustomed to a nice stadium, so no one here wants to run out and build one just because. When we have the funding to build what we want, we will build it.

If you're waiting to build something comparable to an NFL stadium, then keep on dreaming.  It's never going to happen.

I don't care for UCF's stadium, however, if what I have heard is correct, UCF was about to be homeless for a little while with citrus bowl renovations and things. So, UCF did what was best for them at the time. We are not in that situation. Ray Jay is a phenominal facility, and is not in need of renovating.

You don't need renovations to be homeless at Ray Jay.  All that has to happen is the ACC says they want to use the Buc's stadium and... voila! you're homeless.  Congratulations.

I think you can rest assured that when USF makes a move, it will be well thought out. Right now, I would rather see us upgrade baseball and softball facilities before even considering an OCS.

Well thought out like the Sundome?  Yeah that thing is a modern marvel. 

1. Because the Slantinel sucks as a newspaper, I don't have a link, but, the week after the Texas game, Bianchi wrote an article and in it said that the announced crowd was 42K, but he would be surprised if actual attendance was (can't remember the number exactly, but I am thinking he said 35k). I watched some of the conf championship game, there were nowhere close to 44k there, and I have a lot of friends with season tickets that would gladly tell you that even though your announced attendance was 44k/game, there were way more than 1000 empty seats in the stadium at all times.

2. I didn't say we wanted an NFL stadium, I know this because I thought long and hard about it, knowing it was going to be disected by UCiFers. What I said was that we would gladly play in an NFL stadium until we can build what we want.

3. We have never played in December, I think like someone before said that the BE is screwing with the ACC. And I don't see how not getting one date translates into homeless for a few seasons. They do not teach that kind of logic at USF.

4. The Sun Dome is not a modern marvel? Really? I mean, I would think that something built in 1977 should be a state of the art, modern masterpiece. The Sun Dome isn't that bad, it just needs fans. I know, I am sitting at home watching the hoops game on TV, I am part of the problem. It's just a long drive with work today and tomorrow.

Here is what I did find on attendance...http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2007/09/ucf-drops-in-ne.html. So, Bianchi says that it wasn't half full (25k?), but most estimated around 7-10k no shows.  By my math, if there were only 7k no shows against Memphis, and you had 7 home games, counting the C-USA championship, to average 44k (only 1k less than capacity), every friggin seat in the stadium would have had to have an *** in it for the remaining 6 games. I am not buying it.

Now, go away before I am forced to taunt you again.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I love how the ucfer's have had their stadium and arena for less than a year and alll of a sudden they are the kings of college atmosphere.  Short memories.

Is it true that the UCF stadium has two levels, but has no restrooms or concessions on the 2nd level?

• Content Count:  289

Here is what I did find on attendance...http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2007/09/ucf-drops-in-ne.html. So, Bianchi says that it wasn't half full (25k?), but most estimated around 7-10k no shows.  By my math, if there were only 7k no shows against Memphis, and you had 7 home games, counting the C-USA championship, to average 44k (only 1k less than capacity), every friggin seat in the stadium would have had to have an *** in it for the remaining 6 games. I am not buying it.

Um so you are trying to casually admit that you're a liar and you don't know what the hell you're talking about?  You went from saying that we didn't break 35K for the rest of the season to saying that Bianchi thinks we may have had 38K for the Memphis game.  Forgive me if I fail to see how those statements are equivalent.

Is that the type of logic they teach at USF?  Go ahead and taunt me.  I don't take offense to retards. 

• Content Count:  500

WAAAAHHHHHH!!! We get our asses kicked in every sport, year in and year out, but we can sure talk attendance/facilities smack.

Guess the school.  ??? ??? ???

• Content Count:  5,241

hmmm 64-12 would make me bitter too if I was on the 12 side...

But I was on the 64 side, so everything said by the 12 side is a waste of space

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Um so you are trying to casually admit that you're a liar and you don't know what the hell you're talking about?  You went from saying that we didn't break 35K for the rest of the season to saying that Bianchi thinks we may have had 38K for the Memphis game.  Forgive me if I fail to see how those statements are equivalent.

Is that the type of logic they teach at USF?  Go ahead and taunt me.  I don't take offense to retards. 

Just saw that this got moved. Actually, Bianchi said that he didn't think it was half full, he never said 38k, apparently other sources did, and he reported their numbers. 35k may have been a bit on the low side, but not much. The point I was trying to make is that your stadium bounces with way less than 45k.

Any response to your overall attendance numbers? Again, if you actually averaged 44k, then how do you scrape by with 38k in your first conference game?

Honestly, I don't care, but I wouldn't go around shouting about hoe great our attendance numbers were if I had eyes, went to the games, and saw all of the empty seats at every game except the first one. That is all I am getting at. It's OK to lie about your attendance if you are asked, but in casual conversation with people that will call you out, there is no reason to make false statements.

Even though our game with you guys was a sell-out, there really weren't that many fans there (compared to our WVU game). I don't know what the announced attendance was, but I would guess 55-57k. I wouldn't run around telling people that we had 2 sell outs this year, and that is 67k for each!!!! But, that's just me.

Archived