• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you know you're meant to be a Gator?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=325907

Story from GatorBait on some guy who might be too big for USF, but wants to hear from us.

Funny.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Well .. I think he definately misunderstood something  ::)

And he kinda looks like Pricess Leah  8)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

No player is too big for us.  But, if that's his attitude then let him go to Florida.  That's the kind of kid that will transfer as soon as he doesn't get the playing time he thinks he deserves.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I could have posted this on the State of Florida Board, but I figured it would be best to have it here when he comes groveling at USF for a chance to play for the next great football program in America - to hell with just Florida.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If im not mistaken we weren't even mentioned in his top 5. How does this kid expect CJL to contact him if this kid hasn't even shown interest in USF? I agree with the previous posts, no prospect is "too big" for USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I love this quote (excuse me if my re-typing is off a little or improper usage of another sites info):

Miami: "If you go to Miami, you basically are going to end up in the NFL or a first-round draft pick."

Wow-- that is how he views Miami? Like it is some sort of given that those players all end up in the NFL? Maybe we haven't offered him for reasons other than he is too big for us.

His quote about us:

"I really wouldn't mind going to USF, but my old teammate Josh Balloon plays there, and he told me that Jim Leavitt said he doesn't think that I have an interest in them because he thinks I am too big (prospect) for them," he said. "I will give them a chance though."

It is wierd to hear a recruit say and do things like this while we have other recruits who are making verbals early to avoid all the wooing by other schools. Yeah-- they are going to check out some other places etc-- and we might even lose a couple here and there. But they aren't shopping themselves around to schools. He's calling some of them up. I don't know-- maybe the quotes are slanted to make USF look like we are doing something stupid or he is just being misquoted (in the longest run on sentence I've seen in a while).

But I wouldn't say "screw this guy" so much as I would say-- let's let our coaches figure out what they want to do. I would imagine that CJL isn't talking out his ass if he truly said something like "he thinks he's too big a prospect".

Thank's for the read Brad-- it was interesting.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

It will be interesting to see how this plays out ... one thing he 4got about going to Miami, you go directly to jail  8)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i would pass on him just for the hair

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

I posted some remarks about this on the Bill Buchalter thread on the main board, before I saw it posted here.

HowieP

Graduate

Tampa FL

BULLISH!

Re: Buchalter's 2005 Florida Top 100

« Reply #7 on: Aug 31st, 2004, 1:03pm »  Quote  Modify  Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#93. OL Antuan Lewis 6-4 / 320 Tampa Jefferson, is going to UF this weekend to watch the Gators play Middle Tenn State. Zook wants him to bring his fellow team mates Alex Suber and Dohonovan Simpson who are not on Buchalter's list at the moment. I'm surprised we haven't been in contact with Lewis, since he says he wouldn't mind going to USF. We have been recruiting the other two guys. I was hoping to see all three of them at the Pitt game. We need to LOCK UP Jefferson!

This is a free article about that:

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=325907

The main point I was making there is that we NEED to go after all the JEFFERSON recruits just on general principle to protect OUR territory.  

It just looks bad if we are not at least on their list, even if they eventually wind up somewhere else.

I hope we get to a point where MOST of the ones we WANT end up chosing USF.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

if he is so interested in USF then why are we not one of the schools he has placed calls to?  Hell its even a local call!