• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Notre Dame at it Again

cygnus34

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Solution, refuse to play ND in anything but a straight up series.  If everyone does it that would work to force ND to play 1-1.  However, a lot of schools, including USF, believe playing an uneven series with ND is beneficial to their schools/programs. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

The size of the stadium should have nothing to do with giving a school a home game.  They will be on TV and will get income from that. 

The size of the arena always matters, don't ever forget this.  40K is nowhere near enough seats for all time match ups.  These contests often wind up in hugh victory's.  Lets see how this plays out - I am always open to more match ups.

• Content Count:  883

I hear what everyones saying, but I'm at the point now that I say who gives a **** what ND wants?  I know you're gonna answer with all their alumni and tradition etc.  I just don't care and enough is enough.  They need to get over themselves.  For fucks sake, it's just a school.  This is an unfair deal for UCONN.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I hear what everyones saying, but I'm at the point now that I say who gives a **** what ND wants?  I know you're gonna answer with all their alumni and tradition etc.  I just don't care and enough is enough.  They need to get over themselves.  For fucks sake, it's just a school.  This is an unfair deal for UCONN.

I don't think its an unfair deal.  It might be a bad deal, but not unfair.  UConn can tell them to F-off and not play them at all.  Until that happens how can you blame ND?  If USF could get anybody to play a 10 game series, with 5 at home and 5 at neutral places, don't you think USF would try to do it?  Its simple business really.  No one is knocking down UConn's doors to schedule them.  ND on the other hand is a different animal.

• Content Count:  883

I don't think its an unfair deal.  It might be a bad deal, but not unfair.  UConn can tell them to F-off and not play them at all.  Until that happens how can you blame ND?  If USF could get anybody to play a 10 game series, with 5 at home and 5 at neutral places, don't you think USF would try to do it?  Its simple business really.  No one is knocking down UConn's doors to schedule them.  ND on the other hand is a different animal.

Yeah, you're right.  It's not unfair, just bad for UConn.  I chose the wrong word there.  It's pathetic that they have to take it.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Yeah, you're right.  It's not unfair, just bad for UConn.  I chose the wrong word there.  It's pathetic that they have to take it.

They don't have to take it.  However, they think its better than the big series they have set up with Buffalo.

• Content Count:  4,642

what are the terms for UCONN?  how much money will they get from playing in those off-site stadiums?  if it's a lot then who cares?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The only one that benifits here is Notre Dame.  U Conn will have NO home games and they will not take anywhere near half of the fans.  N.Y. and Boston are huge  for Notre Dame, a home away from home.  U. Conn. is like a steet walker, anything for a few bucks

************************************************************************************************

UConn and Notre Dame will begin a 10-game football series next year, according to an internal Notre Dame memo detailing future Irish schedules that was leaked to Internet websites.

The first meeting would be Nov. 21, 2009 in South Bend, Ind. The Fighting Irish would also host the Huskies in 2011, 2014, 2016 and 2018.

According to the memo, the Irish would not come to Rentschler Field in East Hartford. UConn's "home" games would be at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass., in 2013, 2017 and 2020 and at the new Meadowlands stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., in 2015 and 2019.

Notre Dame spokesman John Heisler confirmed the existence of the memo, but called it a "working document" subject to change on almost a daily basis.

"If these [games] were done, we'd announce them," Heisler told the Chicago Tribune. "Slowly but surely, we're trying to get them nailed down. They've all got their details that have to get worked out."

As for UConn, "They're waiting for us to send them a contract so they can get it going from their end," Heisler said.

Said UConn spokesman Mike Enright: "We don't confirm any athletic contests until there is a signed contract and there is no signed contract with Notre Dame to play football."

Notre Dame is a member of the Big East in all sports except football, in which it is one of four Division I-A independents.

Three years ago, Notre Dame announced it would play three Big East schools a year starting in 2011. It also announced it would play seven

big east has terrible leadership

no wonder  bc,um and vt left

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i wish usf played 10 games with notre dame anywhere

usf needs better schedule makers(been saying that for years)

• Content Count:  1,741

On the U CONN side, they are screwing their season ticket holders, which is the backbone of every school.  Without season ticket holders there is no football program.  Every season ticket holder for every school wants to see their team play their home games in their HOME stadium.  This is a good reason to stop buying season tickets, all they will see is some rinky dinks at home and all the good games will go some place else.  Once that happens and it could, they will play hell trying to get them back.

This also applies to any school  that books Notre Dame on this basis.  How long do you think USF season ticket holders will stand for that type of scheduling? 

Archived