• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USFvsMichigan Any Chance ???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Never say never.

Michigan is now recruiting Florida very heavily.

I don't know how many Florida schools are on their future schedule, but it certainly would help their recruiting to play some Florida teams in the coming years.

Raymond James is a big time stadium and I'm sure Rodriguez will be looking for revenge down the road.

I have no doubt that they would agree on a 2-1 series, but I'm not so sure we would.

Michigan would NOT come to USF evn if irs a 2-1. They have never returned any games with Miami or FSU, ALL were at Michigan

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

there is some really good money in going to play a payday with Meatchicken

I would not turn that type of game down

I understand, but we also need home games. Playing ND a one and done was only possible, because of the 2-1 deals we made with FAU and FIU, which gave us an opening for an away game without a return. I doubt that FAU and FIU would give us that same deal again. Perhaps, one of the other new 1-A teams would give us a 2-1 and that would allow us to play @Michigan.

We already have a 1-1 deal with Michigan State, and that gives them entry into Florida recruiting.

As I said, I don't know if Michigan play any Florida schools in the coming years or whether they have any games in Florida. Theoretically, Michigan could play us at a neutral site in Florida for a return game, similar to what Notre Dame is doing to showcase themselves.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Never say never.

Michigan is now recruiting Florida very heavily.

I don't know how many Florida schools are on their future schedule, but it certainly would help their recruiting to play some Florida teams in the coming years.

Raymond James is a big time stadium and I'm sure Rodriguez will be looking for revenge down the road.

I have no doubt that they would agree on a 2-1 series, but I'm not so sure we would.

Michigan would NOT come to USF evn if irs a 2-1. They have never returned any games with Miami or FSU, ALL were at Michigan

Well, times change.

I don't know if UF or FSU proposed a 2-1 deal to them.

I remember it wasn't so long ago on here, when many people said that Notre Dame would NEVER play USF ANYWHERE. LOL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

here-- allow me to answer this thread

no

ok-- lock it down

It's not THAT far out of the question.

1) There are a lot of Michigan retirees here in Florida.

2) Michigan does, from time to time, play road non-conference games. They played @ Syracuse in 1999.

Slim to none?? Sure.  But not impossible.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

Is there a chance?

Is there a cold front heading towards Hell?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

This is so weird.  I had a dream last night that we played a one and done with Michigan.  Seriously.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

This is so weird.  I had a dream last night that we played a one and done with Michigan.  Seriously.

Did we win?

• Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

Michigan only has what 3 games to schedule each year?  One will be ND for the next 20 years since they signed a deal recently.  One will be an Appy State type team (1AA), so that only leaves one other game.  So, odds are we aren't playing UM anytime soon.

i believe Appy State was the first 1AA team that Michigan has played in awhile if at all.  i remember hearing that during their game, so i do not think Michigan will make that mistake again.

Archived