• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

just noticed something interesting on mattgrothe.com

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Also Tehow had six int's for the whole year Matt had more than that by the end of the UCONN game.  Matt 14 passing TDs, Tehow 32.  Matt 10 rushing TDs, Tehow 23.  Passing yards 2670 to 3286.  Rushing yards 872 to 895.  These guys might be similar, but they are not the same.

Tebow won the Heisman.  Those are Heisman numbers.  Freakish Heisman numbers.

If you're measuring the quality of ANY QB against Heisman numbers, you'll always be disappointed.

I look at those numers, and I see that Matt had 600 less passing yards and 23 less rushing yards than the Heisman winner.  Not bad for a "serviceable" QB, huh?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

you can't run the ball when the other team doesn't let you.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Mine was a response to one who claimed for 75% of the year Matt was Tehow's near equal.  I put the stats up to say Bullhonky.  I for one never compared Matt to Tehow ever.  I love his determination, but I don't think he is as good as most people think he is.  I think he is a good QB, some could and would argue no, and I could see why.

The two guys before him (aka post Marquel) were not even serviceable.  Maybe that is why most on here think he is so great.

How about Chase Daniel:

ps yds: 4306

rs yds:  253

ps tds:  33

rs tds:  4

int:      11

Notice the 3 to 1 TD/int ratio.  I am saying if Matt is going to throw 14 ints every year he better throw 30 TDs.  He accounted for 23 total.   

Archived