• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Notre Dame going back to N.C. caliber football?

cygnus34

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Charlie Weis will take his hands on approach and put them in his pockets and let his assistants run the show on offense and defense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3237593&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I think the hiring of John Tenuta was huge for the Irish.  I predict them going 8-4 or 9-3 and making the Gator Bowl this season.  Their schedule lightens up this year, and many of the teams they are facing have big issues to deal with (Michigan- QB? RB? New Staff, BC loses 17 Seniors including their QB, Navy loses Coach, etc.).  Really the only loss that is definite is USC.  All of the other games are winnable in my opinion.  If they don't win 8 games with this schedule, there will be alot of heat on Weis. 

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Charlie Weis will take his hands on approach and put them in his pockets and let his assistants run the show on offense and defense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3237593&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

I wonder if he would talk with John Gruden?  ;D

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

While ND could go 9-3 next year, I dont see it.  They weren't just ND bad last year, they were bad bad last year.  I would agree that USC looks like the only for sure loss, although I would say they could lose to any of: UNC, Standford, Mich, Mich St., BC, Purdue, Navy or Pitt. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

there is nothing to base the fact the ND will even be average next year

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i just hope they dont go to a bowl game

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

there is nothing to base the fact the ND will even be average next year

Once again smazza types before even checking the facts.  I thought you were a lawyer or something?

They were only 3 games from that last year.  I bet you haven't even looked at their schedule either.  First off they open against San Diego State, thats a far cry from Georgia Tech last year.  Plus they get a Navy team that has lost their coach, a Michigan team at home that lost an entire staff along with their QB, RB, and OL, and Boston College that lost 17 5th Year Seniors including the QB.  UNC was terrible, we can all attest to that as we trounced them.  Stanford was beaten last year by the Irish so it shouldn't be any different.  I agree they were horrible last year, but they played alot of young players that showed some skills late in the year and got better.  Put it this way, ND had a longer winning streak at the end of the year than the two teams that played in the BCS Title Game

Archived