• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.J. Daniels Video--this kid is gonna run the BE!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Don't forget C. Hill can play any position.. He was a 5-stars ATH on Rivals.  I think CH has more talent but not smart as BJ.

Hill was tried at multiple positions and couldn't break in the depth chart. He didn't improve from HS and our talent was much better than "stars" given obviously.

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Arm strength looks good but speed be faster.  He is quick but needs to develop those afterburners...

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

This video is much better quality (sorry if it's been posted).

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/video.asp?section=fbrecruit&vidtype=amp&vidid=2997

I like that video because BJ was kind of an after thought. The video wasn't supposed to be showcasing him, but they couldn't help it.

His arm looks great. He will be ready to go in 2010 vs Newton and the gators. I love USF football. I have a feeling we are all going to be excited indefinately with this program.

• Content Count:  108

can we trade him for Grothe early?

MG would be great coming off the bench.

:Bang

::)

Grothe is already great coming off the bench, after our Defense.

It's crasy hearing these things about probably our best player on Offense. What should we do with the entire Offense then?

Go BULLS !!!

I agree that Grothe is our best player on offense and I think it sucks that there are some people that are calling for his head.  However, I really do hope he takes the next step in progressing his game this year.  He needs to realize he does not have to do everything.  I think once he realizes that, his INT's and the sacks from him holding the ball too long will both decrease.

• Content Count:  4,016

Don't forget C. Hill can play any position.. He was a 5-stars ATH on Rivals.  I think CH has more talent but not smart as BJ.

Hill was tried at multiple positions and couldn't break in the depth chart. He didn't improve from HS and our talent was much better than "stars" given obviously.

Go BULLS !!!

Come on ET you know that had nothing to do with it.  Hill lacked much in the immeasurable area- heart and mind.  Sometimes that matters more than stars, but as far as athleticism...dude was off the charts.  I saw a few practices during his and Matt's frosh year and it was obvious why the staff went with Hill first.  Nothing against Matt but Carlton had the WOW factor on everything he did...his problems were never below the shoulders though, all above.

Oh and for the guy said the video clips reminded him of Carlton's...allow me to help you differentiate.  Carlton played in 1A Monticello, FL, those clips of BJ are against 6A teams, opponents with multiple 1-A recruits and talent.  Look at the second clip of him against Orlando Edgewater.  Edgewater had six 1-A recruits on that team, four on defense!  Not even a comparable.  BJ has also been playing four straight years as their starting QB, and is considered the consummate leader...you didn't hear that stuff about Carlton who hopped back and forth between Godby and Monticello in HS, playing his first two years in Tally before getting into trouble and moving to the rural area with his family.  We're all good with BJ.

LG, is totally right...this kid reminds me of Brad Smith, the QB for Missou a few years ago.  The guy that had multiple 200 yard passing and rushing games together.  He has an amazing drop step, and great acceleration out of the break-- it should be obvious why schools like Bama, and FSU liked him exclusively as an athlete, but other schools liked him as a QB because he has a very live arm as well.  His stats are equally impressive, though completion percentage needs improvement, his 34-3 TD to INT ratio shows great decision making as does his nearly 2600 yards passing to nearly 1000 yards rushing...for a kid that had the greenlight to run anytime he always looked pass first.  Good sign that this kid is a heady player.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

It's crasy hearing these things about probably our best player on Offense. What should we do with the entire Offense then?

Go BULLS !!!

I agree that Grothe is our best player on offense and I think it sucks that there are some people that are calling for his head.  However, I really do hope he takes the next step in progressing his game this year.  He needs to realize he does not have to do everything.  I think once he realizes that, his INT's and the sacks from him holding the ball too long will both decrease.

Doc, I agree here that Grothe needs to improve, and I think he did that last year. For the first half of the season, he was brilliant. Take out the Cincy game when we were seriously hurting at WR, and he was pretty solid all year. As for realizing that he doesn't have to do everything, I think he did well with that this year except for in the games where he indeed did have to do everything. People don't realize that he is the only reason we were close in our losses. The sacks against RU, missing walker and apparently the OC doesn't have a screen pass or quick slant in the play book.

Grothe will be fine, and I think we will win the BE this season. I think I am the first to predict that in 2008, mark it down.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Go BULLS !!!

Doc, I agree here that Grothe needs to improve, and I think he did that last year. For the first half of the season, he was brilliant. Take out the Cincy game when we were seriously hurting at WR, and he was pretty solid all year. As for realizing that he doesn't have to do everything, I think he did well with that this year except for in the games where he indeed did have to do everything. People don't realize that he is the only reason we were close in our losses. The sacks against RU, missing walker and apparently the OC doesn't have a screen pass or quick slant in the play book.

Grothe will be fine, and I think we will win the BE this season. I think I am the first to predict that in 2008, mark it down.

i was being facetious, but i love the vehemence with which my fellow Bulls die-hards defend him.

;)

• Content Count:  108

Go BULLS !!!

I don't know if you were the first or not to say it publicly, but you can count me on your side for that prediction as well.  I think the BEast is wide open for us to take advantage of it this year...All I can say is, THANK GOD RAY RICE DECLARED FOR THE NFL DRAFT!!

• Content Count:  223

That 80 yard run at 3:40 on the second video is dirty...

• Content Count:  919

BJ definitely capped off a great recruiting class.  Looking back on it, I'm glad we got him over Streeter if we could only have one of them. 

He looks like a great combination of decision making and athletic ability.  That's a deadly combination.

And just to clarify, Mama, BJ said he had a 3.29 GPA last semester.  I don't know his overall GPA, but if that academic committee allowed him to sign, I have to think he's OK on grades.

Archived