• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No purpose

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  168

yeesh

• Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

Tied with a top 20 opponent with under 10 min left is pretty good for us if you ask me.

well coach RMC beat a few top 20 teams and you see what that got him?

If he'd have beaten a few top 20 teams on the road he may still be here .......... but only if those wins had gotten him some big men in recruiting.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Thats a Marquette team thats #16 in the nation and has NOT lost at home. I think our team played hard,we dont have the overall talent to match up specially on the road.

Gransberry played a tough game.

By the way NONE of USF's wins vs ranked teams were on the road.

Keep fighting Bulls, lets beat St Johns at home saturday.

+1

• Content Count:  1,679

Fact is we do not have the talent to be a competitive BE team. Period. This team was recruited to play in a lesser conference.  It's going to be another couple of years before we see real progress.

• Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

gransberry laughing when he fouls out. ha ha ha, everything is a joke.

Not everything but that call sure was ....

a mature player would be pissed that he just fouled out of the probably the only game they had a chance of winning for the rest of the season

Kentrell Gransberry ... immature player ..... Why don't you just stop following the team for a couple of years? You'll feel better for it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

I am personally sick of them holding the ball for 25 second and then try to force it in with a few seconds left.

Again....do you think they do this on purpose?

The few times I've seen them play, yes, it does seem that no one looks to penetrate.  They run the Harlem Globetrotter weave at the top of the key for the 1st 20 seconds.  Them someone drives, takes an off balance shot and, whoosh, the other team is headed down the other end.  If you are going to have to penetrate at the last 5 seconds and launch an off balance shot, why don't you drive with 15 or 20 and then dish out for a decent look.

Now I've only seen the Pitt game in person and watched a few others on TV and they are playing better opponents (anyone in the Big East) but it just seemed odd to me.  With a shot clock, it really is tough to shorten the game and be effective.  And if you want to do that maybe you should be running the old Princeton (I guess Georgetown runs a version of this now) offense.  But still, with a shot clock, it is tough to do and get the job done.  The days of the North Carolina four corners are gone.

You are right, they are playing better opponents, but life in the Big East presents that.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I am personally sick of them holding the ball for 25 second and then try to force it in with a few seconds left.

Again....do you think they do this on purpose?

The few times I've seen them play, yes, it does seem that no one looks to penetrate.  They run the Harlem Globetrotter weave at the top of the key for the 1st 20 seconds.  Them someone drives, takes an off balance shot and, whoosh, the other team is headed down the other end.  If you are going to have to penetrate at the last 5 seconds and launch an off balance shot, why don't you drive with 15 or 20 and then dish out for a decent look.

I think it would help if the Bulls employ the old bucket of confetti trick with the fans and, when on defense, occasionally sneak up from behind to pull down the pants of referees and opposing players . . . it couldn't hurt.

And it would definitely help attendance.

• Content Count:  1,679

I think it would help if the Bulls employ the old bucket of confetti trick with the fans and, when on defense, occasionally sneak up from behind to pull down the pants of referees and opposing players . . . it couldn't hurt.

And it would definitely help attendance.

That's a great idea.  We also need to pipe in Sweet Georgia Brown as the new theme song, and there needs to be WAY more spinning the ball on figertips. 

Archived