• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My English Subsitute

USFbulls0208

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Wrong, I tried to become a substitute teacher when I was in 5th grade and they put me on the waiting list. They called me like a week later but I had other obligations, becoming a substitute teacher isn't as easy as it looks.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

can this thread get moved to the trough where it belongs?

I agree with Rezz....

• Content Count:  1,241

You know what background you need to be a substitute teacher?

A pulse.

It's true.

All you need is a high school degree and you get paid more for 30 credit hours of college.

Wrong. Im a sub, its a good part time job while in college. You need either an AA or 60 credit hours at a university. If you have a bachelors degree you get paid more.

Maybe sarasota is different, i work in pinellas county.

• Content Count:  3,827

I had a HOT substitute in 8th grade. She was in her early to mid 20s and wore very loose fitting tops, and bent over a lot on purpose.

Ms. Gallagher.....*sigh*

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Oops....looks like I posted this on the wrong board...my bad :/

But she was knowledgable...she was asking me about Selvie and Moffitt and Grothe. I was pleasently impressed. (Minus the Ford comment)

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Wrong.

Actually, I'm right (at least for Hillsborough).  Pinellas has more stringent requirements.  Then again, Hillsborough is the 9th largest school district in the United States, so they probably have a greater need for bodies.

http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/HumanResources/Substitutes.asp

GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR BEING A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER

* Have a corded, touch-tone telephone with a local exchange. ("Local exchange" means we would not have to pay long distance phone charges to call you.)

* Live in Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas or Polk County.

* Provide two acceptable references (on our reference form).

* Be physically able to perform the duties and responsibilities of a substitute teacher.

* Have adequate and reliable transportation to get to jobs on time.

* Be available to accept jobs at the time the application is submitted.

* Work a minimum of four (4) jobs per month.

* Successfully complete the Substitute Teacher Training Program that is specified for your level of position. (Note: You will not be paid for this training.

SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS FOR BEING A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER

The school district currently has four (4) levels of substitute teachers. Please note the special qualifications and requirements for each.

* Level 1 (District Sub) -- Requires a high school diploma. The substitute must successfully complete a 10 day (60-hour) Substitute Teacher Certification Program. The substitute may work district-wide. Hourly Rate: $7.90

* Level 2 (Non-degreed Sub) -- Requires an official transcript showing a minimum of 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) from an acceptable college or university. The substitute may work district-wide. The substitute will be assigned three days of training prior to starting work. Hourly Rate: $8.29

* Level 3 (Degreed Sub) -- Requires an official transcript showing a bachelor's degree or higher, a Florida educator's certificate, or a valid teachers certificate from another state. The substitute may work district-wide. The substitute will be assigned 3 days of training prior to starting work unless documentation is presented to verify either acceptable teaching experience or an education degree. Hourly Rate: $9.58

* Level 4 (Certified Sub) -- Holders of a 5 year Florida Professional Educator's Certificates or retired Hillsborough County district teachers. Hourly Rate: $11.08 (PLEASE NOTE: Statements of Eligibility are NOT certificates.)

Archived