• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Just wanted to throw out there....I know UCF always tries to make fun of USF because they say we aren't in "South Florida".....although that name was selected by a Gator.

But why don't they get grief for selecting a "Pegasus" as their logo? Their Mascot is the knights....a title given to members of the warrior class in Europe during the Middle Ages (5th to 15th centuries).

Yet a Pegasus is a creature of Greek mythology. The Greek Empire was mostly in existence from 6th century BC to 146 BC. What in the world does a Pegasus and Knight have to do with each other? Maybe some kid playing Dungeons & Dragons would think it would be cool to match them together but seriously.....did these people not have a history department before they linked these up?

What is even worse.....they put this stupid "mythological creature" as their University seal. Let's compare:

USF's Seal

300px-Seal_of_the_University_of_South_Florida.png

UCF's Seal

200px-UCF_Seal.svg.png

Really?!? This is supposed to be a school of higher learning?? Why don't they just go ahead and rename the school to the University of Disney and Fairy Tales.

:clap Good Burn  ;D

Also the only knights in Florida are the inbred ones that wear sheets.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

Just wanted to throw out there....I know UCF always tries to make fun of USF because they say we aren't in "South Florida".....although that name was selected by a Gator.

But why don't they get grief for selecting a "Pegasus" as their logo? Their Mascot is the knights....a title given to members of the warrior class in Europe during the Middle Ages (5th to 15th centuries).

Yet a Pegasus is a creature of Greek mythology. The Greek Empire was mostly in existence from 6th century BC to 146 BC. What in the world does a Pegasus and Knight have to do with each other? Maybe some kid playing Dungeons & Dragons would think it would be cool to match them together but seriously.....did these people not have a history department before they linked these up?

What is even worse.....they put this stupid "mythological creature" as their University seal. Let's compare:

USF's Seal

300px-Seal_of_the_University_of_South_Florida.png

UCF's Seal

200px-UCF_Seal.svg.png

Really?!? This is supposed to be a school of higher learning?? Why don't they just go ahead and rename the school to the University of Disney and Fairy Tales.

:clap Good Burn  ;D

Also the only knights in Florida are the inbred ones that wear sheets.

and the ones at Medieval Times  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Yep, it was suspected, and looks to be true.  This will hurt them in the future...

http://www.thecardinalconnect.com/?p=3348

DaMarcus Smith Seeking A Release From Letter Of Intent?

There has been a lot of talk within the past 48 hours that DaMarcus Smith has asked to be released from his letter of intent to the University of Central Florida. As of right now this is all talk. Nothing has officially been reported, but there are sources close to Smith saying that he again wants to be a Louisville Cardinal.

It sounds like the UCF coaching staff may have been filling Smith’s head with some false promises in order to get him to sign. Apparently DaMarcus was under the impression that sophomore-to-be quarterback Jeffrey Godfrey would be moving to wide receiver next season, so he could get some experience at the position he will likely play in the NFL. I assume when Smith had heard that he expected to have a shot at the starting gig next season, however that appears to be a complete lie. Godfrey has came forward a number of times since Smith has signed and told the media that he will continue to play quarterback and had never even discussed switching positions. I can’t confirm this, but I am also hearing that UCF offered some of Smith’s peers in order to get him to sign, but after they had his signature they told the others that there were no more scholarships available. I feel bad for DaMarcus, but to be honest this type of stuff happens all the time. I am not sure if it happens to this extent, but coaches will tell a kid anything to get him on campus. It’s just tough because to get a kid like Smith to de-commit from his hometown school and sign with Central Florida they had to have really been filling his head with whatever he wanted to hear.

At this point I really hope that Smith can get out of his L.O.I. and become a Cardinal, but to be honest it is highly unlikely. Central Florida has no obligation what so ever to release Smith, and if I was them I probably wouldn’t. DaMarcus was the one kid out of this 2011 class I really wanted Coach Strong to get, and for the longest time it looked like a done deal, but this situation has turned pretty ugly.

Like I said, nothing is official, but if I wasn’t confident in the people I am speaking with, I wouldn’t share this information.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Their coach lied on his resume.  Why should we assume he's beyond lying to a HS recruit?  They continue to lie to their recruits about having a BCS conference invite as well.   

But if Damarcus really believed that they would bench Godfrey-- who only helped to lead UCF to one its best seasons ever as a Freshmen--  to give a shot to some incoming Freshmen, he must be really dumb or really naive.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

But if Damarcus really believed that they would bench Godfrey-- who only helped to lead UCF to one its best seasons ever as a Freshmen--  to give a shot to some incoming Freshmen, he must be really dumb or really naive.

Godfrey was Demarcus's host during his visit to UCF. Something doesn't add up, Godfrey is a confident young man and would not tell him I'm switching positions for you when I just won 11 games as a true freshman. This is the weirdest recruiting battle I can remember, what most likely is happening is that he is getting harrased by the whole state of Kentucky after picking UCF and is having 2nd thoughts but there isn't any real proof of any of this, just message boards and blogs that are uninformed about UCF

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

Like the first line of that paragraph mentions...nothing official has been reported.... this is just rumor until further notice

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I doubt this is true, BUT it wouldn't surprise me in the least.  UCF sucks and they will do anything they can to win a moral victory.  Thiis was their "feather in our cap" for the recruiting season.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

sounds like case of buyers remorse