• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

Generally people attend this school because of the facilities unlike USF whose freshman enrollment GPA and sat scores shoot up after a good football season

You seem like  nice enough chap so I'll just ask where did you come up with that tidbit of "information"?

There are many inter-conference rivals that thrive in such a situation Alabama Auburn to name one.  Also I understand you've already whooped us a few times but heck a lot of rivalries start off worse. Texas beat oklahoma 7 times in a row to start off the red river rivalry.

State split in half and state vs state .... trying to equate our possible "rivalry" to those two is a losing battle.

In the end  us joining the big east would be a boon to both programs recruiting wise and in many other ways.

No, it won't ...

1.Well our Universities our generally very similar academically this can be looked up on collegeboard.com this year UCF has a slight edge, but it varies. However I've talked to a few people here at UCF probably like 5 in all who said that when they applied to USF after the two strong seasons they had USF rejected them sending a letter saying there had been a large increase in applicants due to the success of athletic programs.

2. Oklahoma state vs Oklahoma could be used as another example theres countless others like I used already Auburn Alabama ,or Wash st Wash, Mia Florida State, Texas v tecas tech, michican st michigan all in state and in conference rivalries.

3.  To say this would not be a boon to recruiting is arguable.  Such rivalries are great for sales and fan recruitment.  In places like lake land there would be division between USF and UCF fans and young athletes in the area might grow up watching such rivalry games.  Florida is obviously a fertile recruiting ground and feeds programs all over the U.S. As I say the best high school recruiting starts in the Southeast most city in the U.S. (Miami pretty much) and radiates from there. And its clear the southeast has been dominating.  What I'm getting at is there is more than enough recruits for UCF and USF here. Many of the mid to high level recruits slip that slip our programs nowand go out of state could be locked in if such a rivalry was established. Both sides could use a few more local 4-5 star recruits.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Generally people attend this school because of the facilities unlike USF whose freshman enrollment GPA and sat scores shoot up after a good football season

You seem like  nice enough chap so I'll just ask where did you come up with that tidbit of "information"?

There are many inter-conference rivals that thrive in such a situation Alabama Auburn to name one.  Also I understand you've already whooped us a few times but heck a lot of rivalries start off worse. Texas beat oklahoma 7 times in a row to start off the red river rivalry.

State split in half and state vs state .... trying to equate our possible "rivalry" to those two is a losing battle.

In the end  us joining the big east would be a boon to both programs recruiting wise and in many other ways.

No, it won't ...

1.Well our Universities our generally very similar academically this can be looked up on collegeboard.com this year UCF has a slight edge, but it varies. However I've talked to a few people here at UCF probably like 5 in all who said that when they applied to USF after the two strong seasons they had USF rejected them sending a letter saying there had been a large increase in applicants due to the success of athletic programs.

No offense, but it would be interesting to see exactly what those letters said ...

2. Oklahoma state vs Oklahoma could be used as another example theres countless others like I used already Auburn Alabama ,or Wash st Wash, Mia Florida State, Texas v tecas tech, michican st michigan all in state and in conference rivalries.

You would be more accurate finding me an example where the 4th and 5th most successful football programs within a state have a huge rivalry ... Maybe Texas or California has one, I honestly don't know.

3.  To say this would not be a boon to recruiting is arguable.  Such rivalries are great for sales and fan recruitment.  In places like lake land there would be division between USF and UCF fans and young athletes in the area might grow up watching such rivalry games.  Florida is obviously a fertile recruiting ground and feeds programs all over the U.S. As I say the best high school recruiting starts in the Southeast most city in the U.S. (Miami pretty much) and radiates from there. And its clear the southeast has been dominating.  What I'm getting at is there is more than enough recruits for UCF and USF here. Many of the mid to high level recruits slip that slip our programs nowand go out of state could be locked in if such a rivalry was established. Both sides could use a few more local 4-5 star recruits.

A fair try but there is no possible way to spin this that USF recruiting is improved by adding another in-state BCS school ... It is not logical.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14

I understand the doubts but I honestly think Florida recruiting grounds are just that fertile I think with it starts with the concentration of Floridas athletes,  its overall population, and good weather for year round football breads a young football culture that is unique to our region.  Just as northern states are breading grounds for basketball and can produce many high caliber teams in a small geographic area.  No only that but for many out of state recruits the cities of Orlando and Tampa are very appealing a solid rivalry would surely ignite both teams renown nationwide.  Even though I attend UCF I currently pull harder for USF's program. I see this from both sides and think this would be a good move for both programs. I do not want to marginalize the fact that already you guys swept the series vs UCF and you'd prolly beat us now or that you've beaten a both Florida State and Miami. But I think UCF and USF match up pretty well in nearly all categories academically, population, athletic facilities, player recruitment, and reown and do so not not only when compared to other potential rivals  in the state but also the nation.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

If UCF has to rely on that idiot Rick Scott, we are screwed.  :(

If UCF has to rely on that idiot Rick Scott, we are screwed.  :(

We can only hope ...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf

we should have never dropped football series against them

usf

They're not .... at least, according to Rivals and Scout .... We are close though.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

who is winning recruting battle

orlando or usf

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Watson's commit should USF greatly.

I wouldn't trust rivals rankings with Fat Daddy's penchant for giving more stars to players who commit to UCF.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

They have a larger class and their top may be ever so slightly better than ours but our lower end is much better than theirs.