• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Exactly.  UCF has more enemies than just USF.  West Virginia, Louisville, and Rutgers all have an interest to vote against them.  They need six of the current eight to get in.  They might only have four.  

And if Tagliabue is doing a presentation then take a look at this number between CUSA teams:

Orlando Metro area = around 2.1 million

Houston Metro area = around 6 million

Houston brings a market three times the size and gives the Big East access to DFW and Houston.  Tampa Bay is 2.8 million and so close to the Orlando market that you can say USF already gives you access to UCF's area.

UCF switched a game at Pitt a couple of years ago as well. i'm not sure if they are still planning on going to play at Pitt, but it was a late change (ala what FIU did to us).

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

I also heard USF doesn't want to renew the home and home basketball series and soccer .....is your athletic department that scared/insecure?

Seeing that we might not have a venue to play the basketball game next season I can see them waiting to renew that at a later time. We've had gaps where we haven't played every season in Men's Basketball.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I also heard USF doesn't want to renew the home and home basketball series and soccer .....

From who ..... Bianchi?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

GO ON THE RECORD, GO ON THE RECORD, GO ON THE RECORD!!!!!!!!!! ;D

:contract

Guest nybullsfan

Not sure where the 6 of 8 votes idea came from

I assume it will have to be consensus (unanimous) and even 1 no vote blocks entry.

If it is some sort of majority, it will be  vote of 16 not 8 (I'm assuming TCU doesn't get a vote yet)

It affects all members not just football members.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

The funny thing about UCiF is all this is the fans and the admin of the school.  They play bad poker and are essentially being our *****.  This happened the last go around with expansion and our football series. They felt ordained only to find out they were not good enough.

The have an unrealistic/ungrounded sense of worth like someone who's mother loved them too much.  They take actions declaring their superiority, and when they don't get their desired results they whine to the press.  They whine because they are bitches.  They are the Gen Y of schools...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If Bianchi's argument is that he wants what is best for the State of Florida he really should be backing a school like FIU rather than UCF.  The south Florida market is a larger TV market than Orlando.  Bringing a school like FIU into the Big East now will create 2 rivalries at the highest level.  The conference rivalry with USF and of course the crosstown rivalry with the Hurricanes.  So now the potential to fill the home team stadiums up twice a year.  Plus you cover the entire state not jut that 90 minute I-4 corridor.  With a team from south Florida you also have even a better chance to draw more of those northeast students he was talking about inot the Florida State school system.  

The bottom line, like someone mentioned earlier, Judy gets paid for doing what's best for USF.  

GO ON THE RECORD, GO ON THE RECORD, GO ON THE RECORD!!!!!!!!!! ;D

:contract

READ MARINATTO'S STATEMENT FROM NOVEMBER 2, READ MARINATTO'S STATEMENT FROM NOVEMBER 2, READ MARINATTO'S STATEMENT FROM NOVEMBER 2!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

They take what Bianchi writes as the truth when there's not any fact in the entire article.

Exactly.  Not one single piece of "evidence" to support this contention.  Not one.