• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

And it still in no way compares to UCF's futility. Things USF can claim that UCF cannot:

- USF has beaten BCS conference teams with winning records, including out of conference

- USF has beaten ranked BCS conference teams, including out of conference

- USF took fewer than 34 tries or whatever it was for UCF to beat a BCS conference team

I'm sure I could think of more along those same lines if I were so inclined, but I think the point is clear. UCF winning conference USA three times now says FAR more about the poor qjuality of Conference USA than it does the UCF football team. They should be excited and all that about winning their conference, if USF was still in that minor league I'd be thrilled with a conference title too. But UCF's football team is not any good, and never has been. Even when they won that conference back in 2007, they still lost 64-12 to a team finished fourth in the Big East.

Thanks nybullfan.  So if we go by what conference they are in now.  We are 7-12 against BCS teams.  ...I guess This that is decent but to be fair...has there been any non BCS team with a winning record against BCS opponents outside of Boise St, Utah, and TCU?  So I think if you continue to throw the same argument toward a UCF fan they have a losing record against BCS opponents ..that is a weak argument ...I think you might do a better job of just saying they're record against winning team is poor versus the BCS record.  If they beat Georgia in the Liberty Bowl...that could go a long way.  I'm curious to see how Godfrey plays. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

And it still in no way compares to UCF's futility. Things USF can claim that UCF cannot:

- USF has beaten BCS conference teams with winning records, including out of conference

- USF has beaten ranked BCS conference teams, including out of conference

- USF took fewer than 34 tries or whatever it was for UCF to beat a BCS conference team

I'm sure I could think of more along those same lines if I were so inclined, but I think the point is clear. UCF winning conference USA three times now says FAR more about the poor quality of Conference USA than it does the UCF football team. They should be excited and all that about winning their conference, if USF was still in that minor league I'd be thrilled with a conference title too. But UCF's football team is not any good, and never has been. Even when they won that conference back in 2007, they still lost 64-12 to a team finished fourth in the Big East.

You are right, we totally &*(), but we are gaining. Oh, see last B ball score and on the recruiting front, we just had two potential Bulls sign ( commit)...had offers from USF. don't look back...we are gaining! If we get a B East offer, it will get VERY exciting. Have a good Bowl. I hope we can play again soon....in football. Merry Christmas.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757

Goose, UCF plays in the liberty bowl man, maybe why none of the alumni responded to you. Thats in Tennessee, we play in North Carolina.

redfisher78 --  You really think I'm a UCF guy?  I wouldn't be wasting my time on a USF board.  I would be at UCF fist pumping working game on some co-eds (at DECO or Knight Library)  Do you think any USF fan waste their time on a UCF board?...uhh nope.  I hope I get to meet you in person one day.  Chances I probably won't because I'll be at the USF game while you be on a USF forum trolling anyone that occasionally takes off their Green and Gold goggles and sounds a little unbias.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757

redfisher78 --  You really think I'm a UCF guy?   I wouldn't be wasting my time on a USF board.  I would be at UCF fist pumping working game on some co-eds (at DECO or Knight Library)  Do you think any USF fan waste their time on a UCF board?...uhh nope.  I hope I get to meet you in person one day.   Chances I probably won't because I'll be at the USF game while you be on a USF forum trolling anyone that occasionally takes off their Green and Gold goggles and sounds a little unbias.

Ive been at every home game for the last 5 years except for one. Plenty of USF fans go on the UCF board. You are a UCF troll. All anyone has to do is look at the topics you've posted on.  Everything involves UCF, except the occasional random comment here or there.  Have a Jesus filled Christmas.

redfisher78 -

Ha ha .. I swear.  I'm not a UCF troll.  I had season tickets for 3 seasons and graduated from USF.

The reason I bring up UCF from time to time is pretty obvious.

I obviously I have friends that go to UCF.  I always mention UCF because everyone outside of Florida see’s UCF and USF in the same light.  Both school are relatively young (both started late USF in the 1950s and UCF in the 1960s).  Majority of the media outside of Florida look at UCF and USF football program as the little brother of (UF, FSU, and Miami).  Both football programs started to become relevant at roughly the same time.  USF of course is ahead of UCF in terms of football.  If you can find another school that is similar to USF (young school with young football program in medium size market like Tampa or Orlando), I will start to reference them as well as UCF. 

So you had season tickets for the last 5 years?  Did you actually go to USF or are you just like a typical Gator Fan (redneck who didn't even go to the school at UF who likes to argue with any fan that isn't in the SEC).  Sounds like you are just a guy who just enjoys to argue.  I won't let the one bad fan on this forum cause me not to post at all.  I just going to accept it, you will continue to hassle me for something  I said a few weeks ago about UCF.  Get over it.  I've been trying to squash this with you for like a month but you continue to act like I screwed your ex-GF. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Have to agree a LARGE majority of goose's posts have a pro UCF vibe to them. 

Maybe that's just me

Redfisher78 - Ha ha ..guess you didn't go to USF.   Hey man ..I tried to make a mends with you but I guess you're inner red neck came out.   Have a Merry Christmas.   When you are ready to have an education discussion, send me a message.   Till than ...whatever