• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

I'm pretty sure RickUSF and USFGoose are the same person.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I'm glad he got let go because Leavitt always made the excuse he didn't have enough talent to win.

Link?

I'm pretty sure RickUSF and USFGoose are the same person.

:D

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

41k through the turnstyles, boys.  CUSA does not count tickets sold.  North end zone was bare....but the rest filled up after kickoff.  Which it is typical for UCF early games.  USF knows well.  Saw your game tonight, too....not too impressed.  Since you think we play in a High School conference....we still had more than USF did tonight.  USF can't give any attendance smack, what-so-ever.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390

USF can't give any attendance smack, what-so-ever.

Agreed but you can't deny your attendance was a bit disappointing...

UCF has hosted 3 C-USA bowl games....

2005 (citrus bowl): 51,000 +

2007: 44,128

2010: 41,045

Why the hell is it going backwards???

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20101205/COLUMNISTS0306/12050332/1065/SPORTS/Peter+Kerasotis++Not+even+free+tickets+could+fill+this+House

They didn't fill the stadium.

That's what you need to know first.

After a week of speculation, anticipation and, frankly, a bit of desperation, UCF couldn't fill its home stadium for its football team's title game.

They gave away tickets to students for Saturday's Conference USA Championship Game, a game the Knights won by beating SMU, 17-7. Repeat. They gave away tickets. Free. No cost. No charge. Just come. Please. Pretty please. With a chance to witness history. Not that UCF has that many students. Only, oh . . . 57,000! Second most of any university in the country. Not to mention the more than 100,000 alumni who live within a few hours drive of the university.

And yet they couldn't fill Bright House Networks Stadium, which seats 45,000. By the time thousands of late-comers trickled in -- and how do you arrive late for a championship game? -- they announced the crowd at 41,045. Which, trust me, is a generous, if not a disingenuous, figure.

Whatever.

Point is, they didn't fill the stadium.

And this is a program that wants to be big time.

Or, at least, Big East.

At the noon kickoff, the stadium was a bit more than half-full. Or maybe it was a bit less than half-empty, depending on your point of view. I prefer the former, because I'm optimistic about UCF. This is a football program and an athletic department on the rise.

But, really, how do you not fill your own stadium for a conference championship game?

You're a ranked team, for the first time in school history. You had a chance to win your 10th game, for only the second time in the school's Division 1-A history. It was a gorgeous day, too, one seemingly cut straight from a postcard of what a college football Saturday should be all about.

And you know what else it should be about?

Filling your stadium.

I got a text message early in the first quarter from a UCF alumnus, a friend, who was sitting in the stands.

"This attendance is stupid and embarrassing," he said. "Truly a shame."

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20101205/COLUMNISTS0306/12050332/1065/SPORTS/Peter+Kerasotis++Not+even+free+tickets+could+fill+this+House

That's what you need to know first.

After a week of speculation, anticipation and, frankly, a bit of desperation, UCF couldn't fill its home stadium for its football team's title game.

They gave away tickets to students for Saturday's Conference USA Championship Game, a game the Knights won by beating SMU, 17-7. Repeat. They gave away tickets. Free. No cost. No charge. Just come. Please. Pretty please. With a chance to witness history. Not that UCF has that many students. Only, oh . . . 57,000! Second most of any university in the country. Not to mention the more than 100,000 alumni who live within a few hours drive of the university.

And yet they couldn't fill Bright House Networks Stadium, which seats 45,000. By the time thousands of late-comers trickled in -- and how do you arrive late for a championship game? -- they announced the crowd at 41,045. Which, trust me, is a generous, if not a disingenuous, figure.

Whatever.

Point is, they didn't fill the stadium.

And this is a program that wants to be big time.

Or, at least, Big East.

At the noon kickoff, the stadium was a bit more than half-full. Or maybe it was a bit less than half-empty, depending on your point of view. I prefer the former, because I'm optimistic about UCF. This is a football program and an athletic department on the rise.

But, really, how do you not fill your own stadium for a conference championship game?

You're a ranked team, for the first time in school history. You had a chance to win your 10th game, for only the second time in the school's Division 1-A history. It was a gorgeous day, too, one seemingly cut straight from a postcard of what a college football Saturday should be all about.

And you know what else it should be about?

Filling your stadium.

I got a text message early in the first quarter from a UCF alumnus, a friend, who was sitting in the stands.

"This attendance is stupid and embarrassing," he said. "Truly a shame."

Man Dude, why are you so worried about UCF's attendance? I was there...along with another 41K fans. Yep we always come in late which I hate, but you know, the goal was to WIN! And, we did that, and over 41K cheered. Several times, the noise was so loud the other QB had to go to each lineman to verify the call..and that is why we want  a noisy involved crowd.

The the band section commenter...as for the band being the complete student section, come on. Are you serious?  Pick on something you know about...and that is in the relm of reality.

The fans will catch on...maybe. But 41K did, and enjoyed the nice win.

Attendance comments on anyones part are just dumb.

Man Dude, why are you so worried about UCF's attendance?

The the band section commenter...as for the band being the complete student section, come on. Are you serious?  Pick on something you know about...and that is in the relm of reality.

You realize the text in my post was the article written by one of the writers that covers you guys right? I didn't take the time to write that...

And I think the band thing was directed towards me as well. I said that UCF's band is in the middle of your student section...somehow you took that as an insult, while all I was doing was commenting on the fact that, well, your band is in the middle of your student section, with no underlying meaning behind it. I've been to plenty of UCF games, in the citrus bowl and at BHNS, and I like how you guys have it in the middle of the section now a days.

I'm not hating on UCF's attendance that much, but to be honest I was a bit disappointed you guys didn't sell out.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Man Dude, why are you so worried about UCF's attendance?

You realize the text in my post was the article written by one of the writers that covers you guys right? I didn't take the time to write that...

And I think the band thing was directed towards me as well. I said that UCF's band is in the middle of your student section...somehow you took that as an insult, while all I was doing was commenting on the fact that, well, your band is in the middle of your student section, with no underlying meaning behind it. I've been to plenty of UCF games, in the citrus bowl and at BHNS, and I like how you guys have it in the middle of the section now a days.

I'm not hating on UCF's attendance that much, but to be honest I was a bit disappointed you guys didn't sell out.

Sorry of I was not  well "spoken".

Well, that author is just selling web hits..and yes, I too was bummed we did  not sell out, but so be it. The band thing was not directed at you....so sorry.

Be well, good luck in your Bowl. I watched the UCON game last night..wish Mo had had  achance to score the winning touchdown,...and was sort of shocked by the multiple throws. Mo is  agreat person...and player. I have been watching him play for 10 years. Good luck in your Bowl..sorry if I was mis directed.

The fans will catch on...maybe. But 41K did, and enjoyed the nice win.

The announced crowd was 41K ... I think Goldie's assertion that CUSA uses butts in seats rather than tix distributed is ******** until some evidence is provided.

Attendance comments on anyones part are just dumb.

Agree 100%, it's just drivel .... I need to move this to it's proper place.