• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I'm going to say it:  UCF just isn't worthy of a rivalry with USF.  We should continue pursuing a rivalry with Miami-- a team which also lacks a true geographical rival.  It'd be far more interesting and beneficial to both teams. 

However, if God wills it so that UCF is in the Big East and this (non)rivalry is resurrected, we should at least invent a trophy and title for this game to give it some ummphh.  But we would have to permanently affix this trophy to our trophy case because UCF would never win this game!

UM considers FSU as its in-state rival.  They also have plans to resurrect their rivalry with ND, thus ending our series after the end of the contracted games.  UM feels about USF the way many USF fans feel about UCF.  UM does not want to give USF a leg up in name recognition just like USF does not want to give UCF a leg up in name recognition.

A better example of the so called rivalry (or non-rivalry for those of you against it) between USF and UCF is to look at the rivalry game between Indiana University and Purdue University.  Neither school is going to win the Big-10 anytime soon.  Neither school is the top dog in their state when Notre Dame plays up to its reputation, although Purdue was giving them a run for their money a few years ago.  However, both schools produce the most graduates in Indiana, while USF and UCF currently produce the most graduates in the Gulf Coast and Central Florida.  I have attended one of the IU-PU rivalry games, and they are fun games.  Purdue dominated Indiana for many years, but they still played the game, and eventually, Indiana beat Purdue.

It is a shame that USF and UCF do not have this type of friendly rivalry.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Stats

Victories

2007 USF beat Auburn (Ranked 17) at Auburn

2007  USF vs WVA (Ranked 5)

2008 USF beats Kansas (ranked)

2009 USF Beat FSU (ranked) at FSU

2010 USF Beats Miami at Miami

Can someone please show me some stats on UCF accomplishments that have come close, because they seem to think they are on par with what we have done because they one a USA Conference Championship.

Well, those are impressive....not sure about the last one but I won't quibble.

But to be fair, what is the record pre BE..(and I think you have some nice wins)...but to compare BCS conference status wins to our non BCS wins is really intellectually unfair. Just my opinion...though....for which I was banned this week from another board...which I now proudly wear as a badge of honor!

Good Luck against UCONN. I think they will be tougher than the "u".

Rivals??

Gaitorbait.net. A prolific poster posted a request for a TV site to watch the UF/UCF B Ball game. I answered with the NCAA ( legal)  free TV stream. I was immmediately banned. Seeveral other people posted sites..all continue to post there. I e mailed the Admin, no response.

er ... OK .... Not sure why you brought that up in the midst of that paragraph, though ... Thought you were banned for something to do with UCF/USF.  :-\

Oh, sloppy writing on my part. I was referencing in my run on sentence, that my opinion cost me...I was not rude....but opinions are not welcomed there...unless you fall all over Urban and his team. Unless.....you are an insider.

Posting a website is not your opinion .... Was that your first and only post there??

No, I had posted there not many times...but fairly often. My opinion was not in the link, but in my content. They are having a very tough week. Probably a little sensitive!

:D

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

legislature will force this game

legislature will force this game

::)

I'm going to say it:  UCF just isn't worthy of a rivalry with USF.  We should continue pursuing a rivalry with Miami-- a team which also lacks a true geographical rival.  It'd be far more interesting and beneficial to both teams. 

However, if God wills it so that UCF is in the Big East and this (non)rivalry is resurrected, we should at least invent a trophy and title for this game to give it some ummphh.  But we would have to permanently affix this trophy to our trophy case because UCF would never win this game!

UM considers FSU as its in-state rival.  They also have plans to resurrect their rivalry with ND, thus ending our series after the end of the contracted games.  UM feels about USF the way many USF fans feel about UCF.  UM does not want to give USF a leg up in name recognition just like USF does not want to give UCF a leg up in name recognition.

A better example of the so called rivalry (or non-rivalry for those of you against it) between USF and UCF is to look at the rivalry game between Indiana University and Purdue University.  Neither school is going to win the Big-10 anytime soon.  Neither school is the top dog in their state when Notre Dame plays up to its reputation, although Purdue was giving them a run for their money a few years ago.  However, both schools produce the most graduates in Indiana, while USF and UCF currently produce the most graduates in the Gulf Coast and Central Florida.  I have attended one of the IU-PU rivalry games, and they are fun games.  Purdue dominated Indiana for many years, but they still played the game, and eventually, Indiana beat Purdue.

It is a shame that USF and UCF do not have this type of friendly rivalry.

They still played the game because they've been in the same conference for over 100 years ... and even if UCF does get into the Big East, I doubt you'll ever be able to classify it as a "friendly rivalry"...

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

If UCF is in the Big East....your staff will still call it a "conference game"...not a rivalry.  They will never allow a "trophy".  USF will only have a "Big 3" rivalry trophy to hold up.  It wouldn't matter if USF and UCF play for tops of a BE conference every year.  USF will always be about the non-Conf Big 3 wins.  Judy covets those more than anything.  Even though beating Miami this year and beating FSU last year still hasn't given USF more ground on UCF.  We are still in more headlines...how does that feel?

If UCF is in the Big East....your staff will still call it a "conference game"...not a rivalry.  They will never allow a "trophy".  USF will only have a "Big 3" rivalry trophy to hold up.   It wouldn't matter if USF and UCF play for tops of a BE conference every year.  USF will always be about the non-Conf Big 3 wins.  Judy covets those more than anything.  Even though beating Miami this year and beating FSU last year still hasn't given USF more ground on UCF.   We are still in more headlines...how does that feel?

::) .....Goldie, what in the hell are you talking about?? What headlines? .... How does what feel?

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

That any Universal Orlando team member could pick up 2 free tickets to go to the game.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Not even sold out in that high school stadium.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Anyone notice the tons of empty seats in one of the end zones?  How can you not sell out a conf championship game at your own stadium?