• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ricky Barnum Commits to UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

EAsy fellas.....if he would have committed to USF we would be estatic about a  FOUR STAR OFFENSIVE LINEMAN coming to the Bulls.

Think about it, bien hit right.....Barnum is a longterm prospect that will be a damnn good center for UF after a couple years in the weight room and a proper nuitrion program. He may think he can walk in and play right away, but so do 85% of kids who sign on National Letter of Intent Day.

IMO, this is a miss for USF b/c it could have cememted the pipeline to LakeGibson for 'high end' players and given us a boost in the rankings. BTW....I realize that the rankings don't mean much but it does create some nice buzz for your program, which is NEVER a bad thing.

oh well.....looks like we got a VERY NICE verbal from another local OL prospect :)

what makes you think he will be a good center?  hes never snapped 1 ball in highschool.  its just a turn off when a recruit lies about literally every aspect of his game.

• Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

He played center in between playing ironman and mentoring freshman linemen ;)

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

EAsy fellas.....if he would have committed to USF we would be estatic about a  FOUR STAR OFFENSIVE LINEMAN coming to the Bulls.

Think about it, bien hit right.....Barnum is a longterm prospect that will be a damnn good center for UF after a couple years in the weight room and a proper nuitrion program. He may think he can walk in and play right away, but so do 85% of kids who sign on National Letter of Intent Day.

IMO, this is a miss for USF b/c it could have cememted the pipeline to LakeGibson for 'high end' players and given us a boost in the rankings. BTW....I realize that the rankings don't mean much but it does create some nice buzz for your program, which is NEVER a bad thing.

oh well.....looks like we got a VERY NICE verbal from another local OL prospect :)

what makes you think he will be a good center?  hes never snapped 1 ball in highschool.  its just a turn off when a recruit lies about literally every aspect of his game.

Oh....I don't know....the fact that UF invested a scholarship in the kid, when they can walk into the living room of any kid in Florida and likely sign that kid.  I don't know if he will be a geat player or flop....I have never seen him play. However, if he would have fallen our way I don't think we would be knocking the kid. That is all I'm saying....

BTW...I agree with you in that some his comments were a little immature and condescending. I think he is in for a wide awakening when he arrives at Florida.

• Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

LG is talking about everyone thinking Ricky played center this year at LG when he never took one snap in a game as well as thinking he played nose tackle when he never lined up on D, for no other reason than Ricky told them that he did. No one is arguing that Ricky could have been a nice addition to our line otherwise our coaches as well as UF's would not have offered him, what they wonder is where the ******** stops and the truth starts for this kid. Also why do recruiting sites that take peoples money for information not question why they cannot find any video from this season from the two positions they are claiming this kid played?

Oh....I don't know....the fact that UF invested a scholarship in the kid, when they can walk into the living room of any kid in Florida and likely sign that kid.  I don't know if he will be a geat player or flop....I have never seen him play. However, if he would have fallen our way I don't think we would be knocking the kid. That is all I'm saying....

BTW...I agree with you in that some his comments were a little immature and condescending. I think he is in for a wide awakening when he arrives at Florida.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I might agree with you more in other cases, but Barnum has been knocked on here before, and has been considered overrated, especially in comparison to Garvin, who is ranked much lower. We realy needed a Big OT like Popek who we just got. He was supposed to have visited Florida this week, but was told they had no more schollies to give out for OL, because I presume they gave their last one Barnum. So, in the year's ahead we'll get a chance to compare who was the more successfull college player among the three.

Archived