• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tony Barnhart's 2008 Early Pre-Season Top 25

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

My take is that if we go into next season unranked, with all the players we have coming back, we gained ZERO credibility this year.  Whatever we had gained, we tossed it out the window.

The goal that needs to be set firmly in spring practice is that they are on a mission to win the Big East.  The returning players should be pissed off, hold a chip on their shoulders all year long next year.  The players and coaches should view what they went through this year as experience and a lesson about what it takes to win; what it takes to get to the top and what it takes to remain there.  Any distractions should be ignored next year.  They just need to stay pissed off and play with a sole mission.  They should approach every game next year, no matter who they beat, that they continue to be disrespected.  We have been disrecpected all along and we continue to be disrespected.  Next year is about truly gaining that respect.  Starts now!!!

Respect follows Ws.

People forget that.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,674
  • Days Won:  424

Here's another for you from the BleacherReport.com, as worthless as the screen you would read it off of:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5748-College_Football-An_Early_Top_25_For_The_2008_College_Football_Season-030108

#20 - UCF: Mr. Smith returns. Mr. O'Leary returns. UCF learns how to pass a little.

Not so much. These are all worthless.

Again, that was posted by this lame blogger:

Bird_Face.jpg

Ryan Hamilton has more credibility.

• Content Count:  695

Oops, just noticed it was released Dec. 2007, so chances are they didn't see our debacle in El Paso.  Chance are your right Bulls96go and we are unranked when the season begins.

They had good rankings, except I think Central Michigan should be at #25 over Ball State. The RB duo of Hoskins and Sneed will  be dangerous and with LeFevour and 3 returning starters at receiver they will be unstoppable offensively.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

GOOD

usf needs to set goals a bit higher

this 3 or 4th in big east is embarassing

My take is that if we go into next season unranked, with all the players we have coming back, we gained ZERO credibility this year.  Whatever we had gained, we tossed it out the window.

The goal that needs to be set firmly in spring practice is that they are on a mission to win the Big East.  The returning players should be pissed off, hold a chip on their shoulders all year long next year.  The players and coaches should view what they went through this year as experience and a lesson about what it takes to win; what it takes to get to the top and what it takes to remain there.  Any distractions should be ignored next year.  They just need to stay pissed off and play with a sole mission.  They should approach every game next year, no matter who they beat, that they continue to be disrespected.  We have been disrecpected all along and we continue to be disrespected.  Next year is about truly gaining that respect.  Starts now!!!

redshirt , new incoming freshman sophomores and grothe need to step up big time

thanks

i hope we do not get ranked...we do not seem to be able to handle it.

still hope we win all our games...but i still hope we get dissed and underranked

funny position to take

if i was the type to hope ii WOULD HOPE WE WOULD PLAY TO OUR POTENTIAL AND WIN EVERY GAME

NOT HOPE WE DO POORLY AND NOT BE RANKED

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,674
  • Days Won:  424

thanks

i hope we do not get ranked...we do not seem to be able to handle it.

still hope we win all our games...but i still hope we get dissed and underranked

funny position to take

if i was the type to hope ii WOULD HOPE WE WOULD PLAY TO OUR POTENTIAL AND WIN EVERY GAME

NOT HOPE WE DO POORLY AND NOT BE RANKED

maybe you should read a little closer next time

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

If any prediction person worth his salt has taken a look at our schedule next year, we should be included in the Top 25 somewhere.  Next year is when we'll have our greatest year, if we can come up with some suitable replacements.

• Content Count:  211

Preseason Polls will probably not have us ranked.  With that said, Grothe is already on the Hiesman watch lists, so if we get a good start we might get ranked early again.  With that said, I feel like voters will be a bit scurred to vote us too high lest we crash and burn again.    They will probably find excuses as to why we are doing well until we can prove to them that we have our game together.  Even still, if we win the BEast, we will not be ranked so high because in their minds if we win the BEast it is just a sign that our conference is weak. 

Anyways, I was just thinking about Miami in the 80s and reflecting on a few comments about how we need to have a chip on our shoulder all season.  It wouldn't be too bad for Leavitt to start trying to emulate the old U in order to show the new U what it means to be powerhouse and how much discipline is needed on and off the field to get respect. 

As far as coaching goes, Leavitt is pretty **** good, but I hope he isn't hitting a glass ceiling wiith preparing our boys for games.  Leadership starts with the top, and if Leavitt can't find a way to communicate confidence while instilling a killer instinct, this team won't go anywhere next season.  It will just be spinning its wheels in the mudd.

Archived