• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How tight does Leavitt clam up this time?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Greg/Brett, if you thought the 45 second interviews after practice were short just wait till next year...

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

all the reason why leavitt will never leave for a "big time" program.  i hate to be the one to break it to you guys but this happens at alot of schools.  as far as ben, regardless if she wrote some papers he still had to have his butt in class and pass tests.  i wonder what her definition of "writing" a paper is?  i know that i helped my wife write a few papers and i had a friend of mine help me with math while i was in school too. 

• Content Count:  12,293

Has anyone considered that maybe he did the work and she just typed the papers?

there are endless possibilities.  just because you have papers saved on a computer isnt the smoking gun.

and we all have NO CLUE on the full details but i will tell you a situation in my own personal experience.  i am a terrible speller and for whatever reason, my microsoft word on my computer has a broken spell check (it comes up with some error message) so every paper that i type, i bring to work and run it thru that spell check on my office computer and save the spell checked version. 

again, this isnt an excuse for ben but that is just a personal situation that i came across.

• Content Count:  879

If I were her employer, I would be very interested to know if she had been typing those papers on company time.  If so, the taxpayers are paying for it and I would consider it grounds for termination.  For her sake, I hope she had sense enough to type them on her own time.

• Content Count:  349

all the reason why leavitt will never leave for a "big time" program.  i hate to be the one to break it to you guys but this happens at alot of schools.  as far as ben, regardless if she wrote some papers he still had to have his butt in class and pass tests.  i wonder what her definition of "writing" a paper is?  i know that i helped my wife write a few papers and i had a friend of mine help me with math while i was in school too. 

Exactly... in every English class I've been in since Middle School, I've had to write at least one paper in class, timed. Heard a blurb on the TV that the university would not investigate unless one of the professors questioned the papers...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think Leavitt ought to question the reporters on their personal lives, including past relationships, side jobs, and anything involving sex with farm animals.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Leavitt probably will have no comment at all with regard to Ben's situation and rightfully so at this point in time.  He has finished his playing career at USF. 

This whole situation right now is a "he said, she said" argument.  As I stated in another thread or 2 or 3, let's wait until all the facts are known before we (as fans) go off the deep end.

• Content Count:  1,457

Agreed - Leavitt is not an educator so to speak.  Yes he does spend time "educating" student/athletes but his office is not the classroom.  He should stay out of it and will.

This online and computer based test stuff will call for a Govenor's Commission to improve the current standards.  With FSU and now USF getting in on the "online" scandal Christ will take it upon their sholders to improve the system. 

We must see that primary education is a birthright.  Secondary education is NOT.  You can persue secondary education as a right in America but you are not guaranteed acceptance.  There is an answer here but we all have to dig a bit for it.

Archived