• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Four words, cattle:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

Been there, done that.

For what it's worth, I don't think y'all should take this loss too hard; it's still a very solid step forward for your program.

I've been a Duck fan for longer than I really care to admit (more than three decades), and most of those years were painful in some way, including this one. Heck, Oregon got completely dismantled by BYU just last season; talk about humiliating. Unfortunately, it happens. What USF has accomplished in just over a decade is nothing short of amazing, and you have nothing to be embarrassed about. I suspect the 2007 Sun Bowl will be looked back on by USF fans as a turning point, and an important lesson, along the way to great moments you'll experience in the near future.

In all honesty, I didn't expect Oregon to win this game, and I was shocked at the way it went. Obviously, UO's OC did a great job of preparing Justin Roper, and Stewart was just ridiculous, but I'd contend that he's second only to McFadden as RBs go this season. He was playing for NFL draft position, and he probably put himself in the first round with that performance. I hate for the Ducks to lose him, but I think he should go.

The one criticism I have for USF is that I think some Bulls fans put too much stock in your defenisive speed. I read the term "Florida fast" on this and other boards several times before the game, but seriously, both USC and Oregon State had far better (and quicker to the ball if not "faster") defenses than USF this year, and among other Oregon opponents, I'd probably put Arizona ahead of the Bulls, too. SEC fans love to hammer Pac-10 schools for their lack of defense, but it's really not true, and it wasn't just the Sun Bowl; the Pac-10 represented itself pretty well down the stretch this year.

Anyway, it was fun playing a team from "lower right coast." We don't get that opportunity too often. Maybe our ADs can put together a home-and-home series down the road. I'd love to have an excuse to visit Tampa, and y'all would have a good time in Eugene. I'm firing off an email to Kilkenny today.

Happy New Year, and best of luck to you and the Bulls in 2008!

• Content Count:  403

You guys came prepared and played hard.  You deserved the win.  Congrats!!

• Content Count:  4,738

cattle?

that's a new one.

one thing for certain is Duck Fan is a gracious winner

• Content Count:  26

cattle? that's a new one.

That's what I call Longhorns fans, too, so it seems appropriate.

Sorry for the edit. I posted poorly the first time.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

+1

good post

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Only problem with the home and home is that most likely, not many fans would travel. A few diehards would, but not much other than that. I'm not shooting down the idea, just thinking what would probably happen.

And congrats to you guys and good luck next year!

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I'm flattered you would even want to play us again.  You guys destroyed us.

Good luck next year.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

They were very big and fast on both sides of the ball.  A nose tackle carrying the ball could have gained 150 yards on us with the size of holes that their offensive line created.  Overall, a very talented team that more than deserved to win.  Very nice and cordial fans as well.  Well done Ducks!

• Content Count:  1,370

Thanks for the classy post. As to the comment regarding our defensive speed: we really do have a fast defense, but certainly didn't show it for the game. In fact, it was probably the worst defensive performance we've had in several years. The boys just didn't come out to play. Furthermore, our defensive front was completely manhandled by your o-line. I'm not sure we would've beaten any of our opponents that day. That's not to take anything away from Oregon though - they outcoached, outplayed and outclassed us. Good luck to you guys next year. I hope you find another Dixon in the rough and win the Pac-10!

• Content Count:  4,738

cattle? that's a new one.

That's what I call Longhorns fans, too, so it seems appropriate.

Sorry for the edit. I posted poorly the first time.

we're the herd.

thanks for the great post

Archived