• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to Mike Ford??? | We need to demand to know why....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Ford carried the ball 6 times for 8 yards.  It was VERY obvious that our running game was not working.  In case you missed the entire earlier part of the season, when we pass, Ben is a TEN TIMES better pass blocker than Ford, and most of the time we go with an empty backfield.

Walker did not play and our OL was completely over matched.  I guess as a season ticket holder what you wanted to see was us punting on 4th and 7 all day long?  How about Matt passing on 3rd and 9 every time we had the ball?

Look, I realize it was painful to watch our Bulls get pounded, but please try to analyze and think objectively about our team.  This was not a game where Ford would have helped us.  But go ahead and demand away.

Normal

Nice.... completely true.... but NICE

/thread

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  21,109
  • Days Won:  39

Well you know my take on it.  I think if you are going to be one dimensional, it had better be running.  Passing like crazy like that seems like a ticking time bomb to me.

This game seemed very much like the three that we lost in terms of strategy and play calling.  I guess we didn't learn anything from those losses?

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

Ford carried the ball 6 times for 8 yards.  It was VERY obvious that our running game was not working.  In case you missed the entire earlier part of the season, when we pass, Ben is a TEN TIMES better pass blocker than Ford, and most of the time we go with an empty backfield.

Walker did not play and our OL was completely over matched.  I guess as a season ticket holder what you wanted to see was us punting on 4th and 7 all day long?  How about Matt passing on 3rd and 9 every time we had the ball?

Look, I realize it was painful to watch our Bulls get pounded, but please try to analyze and think objectively about our team.  This was not a game where Ford would have helped us.  But go ahead and demand away.

Normal

So Normal, do you consider 6 touches a valiant attempt to establish a running game? I don't! And no I didn't miss the first half of the season and am well aware that Ben is an excellent 3rd down back for pass protection, but incase YOU missed the first half of the season we hardly put any points on the board besides the UNC game and in the 3 straight games with Ford starting we put up over 35 in each! Also, our defense was much better in those games because it wasn't three and out each time so they could catch their breathe You can protect the passer all you want, but when you got double coverage everywhere because no one respects your running game its hard to complete passes.

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Also to remember is Ford is a freshman.  Ford still has 3 years of eligibility left.  I'm sure you'll see more of him, just give it time.

• Content Count:  1,985

Ford can't run without blocking.

I think it so funny that you demand an answer.  I guess what we really need are some big time SEC type contributors that can afford to have a little sit down with coach and tell him what we want.

Everyone bashing CJL go back and look at your posts from WVU, UCF, etc. and see how you wanted him annointed by the pope.  I am not happy, but calling for demands and explanations, and firings.  The other schools are right about our fans, if this is how we act we suck.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Ford had a good run to the left side when Grothe went under center. I am not sure we tried that again, but the OL was better off the ball on that play.

• Content Count:  10,219

Also to remember is Ford is a freshman.  Ford still has 3 years of eligibility left.  I'm sure you'll see more of him, just give it time.

time waits on no man.

put your best players in the game

• Content Count:  10,219

hope we taped this game and bring some of oregon's play to the field next year.

• Content Count:  743

After every loss this year we've been able to say "why didn't we run short routes and screens more?" "why didn't Ford get more carries?" "why didn't we make any offensive adjustments?"

It's ridiculous that we learned nothing from our losses. You learn from wins and losses and thats how you progress into a powerhouse program. We aren't learning and its going to continue to come back to haunt us.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Ford was a non factor.  It had nothing to do with Leavitt liiking him or not.

Archived