• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

live from el paso

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

cant wait to get there tomorrow mornin

Same here, I think 10:50am arrival might be the first wave of Bulls fans for Saturday.

TBull are you on the Southwest flight from Tampa-Houston to El Paso leaving at 6:55am?  If so, I am as well. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Rode up to albuquerque today. That is a long ride for not too much reward except seeing a lot of open country. Very different than back home. Take in all of the green you see on your way to the airport, other than the bulls gear you bring, there isn't much green out here.

Bumped into an Oregon fan in the hotel. He was trembling just seeing the "u" on my hat...or it may have been the cold, who knows.

Wind isn't as bad tonight. It was 43 degrees when we got in. Not too bad with the low humidity. It never got above 35 on the trip to albuquerque, I hope that stays up there.

Well, that's all I have to report from day 2. Playing golf at the lone star golf club tomorrow around 11. I may not report my score, but I will update tomorrow night. Have a safe trip for those traveling.

• Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Embrace the cold folks, Leavitt says so.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

nothing too exciting today. Played golf mid day, shot 92 which isn't bad for me. Drove around town a bit, went by the sun bowl. Had dinner at the state line BBQ.

Its still a bit cold, but the wind is not much of a factor from a football standpoint. Bulls fans are piling in now. At least 3 cars of bulls that made the drive from FL in the hotel. Talked to some bulls, and hung out with some ducks at the hotel happy hour tonight. Bulls are focused, ducks are here to have a good time. Had a blast with them.

Tomorrow we're doing some shopping, going to cattlemans for a steak, and hitting the fan fiesta. I am getting ready for game day though. Being a tourist for a few days is fun, but it is time to roast some duck.

On a final note, kudos to USF. They sprung for two billboards along I-10 saying join the stampede, and the bulls are proud to be in el paso. I thought that was awesome, hopefully the locals will be on our side in this one.

• Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

Arrived with the family this afternoon... saw JimSig on our flight from DFW.  Drove downtown...deadsville... then by the stadium and then to Carlos and Mickey's for a great Mexican meal and STRONG margaritas!  Sat in the bar with some very nice Duck fans.

Carlsbad Caverns early tomorrow and then back for the fan fest in the afternoon!

• Content Count:  473

I had to laugh this morning, during the morning news the weather lady said it's going to be pretty humid today, 46%!  ::) LOL!!!!

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

anyone know of any good places to eat near the airport?  preferably barbeque/steak that serve alcoholic beverages (cocktails).

im at one of the hotels at the airport and dont want to spend a fortune venturing too far.

• Content Count:  348

Arrived with the family this afternoon... saw JimSig on our flight from DFW.  Drove downtown...deadsville... then by the stadium and then to Carlos and Mickey's for a great Mexican meal and STRONG margaritas!  Sat in the bar with some very nice Duck fans.

Carlsbad Caverns early tomorrow and then back for the fan fest in the afternoon!

I went by the stadium this afternoon as well.  Got some good pictures, even one of the Oregon eighteenwheeler for the band.  Watched the Patriots win at the Texas bar and grill tonight.  Only Bulls fans there, everyone else missed out on some really good food even if the place wasn't what I expected.  Its wayyyyy to early here in mountain time, may go out again in a bit. 

Anyone want to goto Mexico in the morning before the Carnival thing at 2 pm?

Edit:  Delta broke the "A" key on my laptop

Archived