• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If we ever do get a stadium on campus, let's not do it this way

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

Smith has run for 2,448 yards, 180 short of the NCAA record Sanders set in 1989. Smith has a chance to catch Sanders in the Liberty Bowl against Mississippi State on Dec. 28.

Pisses me off every time I read that ..... Sanders record should be safe.

You are going to be pissed alot next week before the Liberty Bowl, because you are going to be reading and hearing about it from ESPN.  ;D

He will not gain 180 yards on a Good D.... unless you hand him the ball every play.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

Smith has run for 2,448 yards, 180 short of the NCAA record Sanders set in 1989. Smith has a chance to catch Sanders in the Liberty Bowl against Mississippi State on Dec. 28.

You are going to be pissed alot next week before the Liberty Bowl, because you are going to be reading and hearing about it from ESPN.  ;D

I am mentally preparing already ....

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

My grandparents live off of lockwood, near the SCC campus near ucf. Everyone knew that eventually that area would be built out, regardless of if they say it or not years before. I mean we live in florida, I wouldnt take anything about "not building in an area" seriously! Especially near a major college, i think these people should just accept it. I dont really like the UCF stadium (kinda ugly and small IMO), but it is the university's property and they can do what they want inside the law.

The problem is, Sanders rushed for more than 200 yards in his bowl game that year... but bowl games have only counted towards records since 2003.  So, in reality, Smith is 380 yards behind Sanders... (And Barry played 11 regular season games that year, plus a bowl ... Smith played in 13 regular season games, plus a bowl).

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The problem is, Sanders rushed for more than 200 yards in his bowl game that year... but bowl games have only counted towards records since 2003.  So, in reality, Smith is 380 yards behind Sanders... (And Barry played 11 regular season games that year, plus a bowl ... Smith played in 13 regular season games, plus a bowl).

These facts will never be mentioned by the media

The problem is, Sanders rushed for more than 200 yards in his bowl game that year... [glow=yellow,2,300]but bowl games have only counted towards records since 2003[/glow].

I know and that makes no freaking sense at all. Sanders did it in only 11 games and he also had 37 td's. For him to lose that top spot would be a crime .......

Any idea why they changed the way they counted, Jim?

• Content Count:  2,239

The problem is, Sanders rushed for more than 200 yards in his bowl game that year... [glow=yellow,2,300]but bowl games have only counted towards records since 2003[/glow].

I know and that makes no freaking sense at all. Sanders did it in only 11 games and he also had 37 td's. For him to lose that top spot would be a crime .......

I'm all for revising the books and letting Sanders record include bowl games.  I guess the hard part will be revising ALL records to reflect that change too cause other people could lose their records they thought they broke.

• Content Count:  500

People make it seem like he needs 50 yards or something. 180 is a ton of yards, especially against an average D that will have 8 in the box. Dont talk to me about CDOA putting 9 in the box, 9 h/s dont count.

I'm all for revising the books and letting Sanders record include bowl games.  I guess the hard part will be revising ALL records to reflect that change too cause other people could lose their records they thought they broke.

It would be a logistical nightmare to go back and add the additional games to the old statistics and try to sort out new record holders.....

It was just plain stupid to add the conf championships and bowl games to a season record and create an uneven playing field. I'm really curious as to what the thought process was behind the changes...

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It would be a logistical nightmare to go back and add the additional games to the old statistics and try to sort out new record holders.....

It was just plain stupid to add the conf championships and bowl games to a season record and create an uneven playing field. I'm really curious as to what the thought process was behind the changes...

MONEY

Archived