• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dickie V slurpin' USF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

He also tried to talk Seth out of taking the job here.

So?

No I don't have a link for it.  I realize that the internet is your sole connection to the outside world, but that doesn't mean that everything that happens in the world is posted on the internet.  If you don't know about it then I can't help you.

If Dickie V bashes USF and no one's around to hear it, did it really happen.... ?

But we all already knew based on your support of Robert Mccullum that you know nothing about college bb anyway.   :)

Right .... and neither does Vitale.  ::)

I supported our coach ...... who had better wins in his time here than the previous regime but just couldn't maintain the consistency needed.

So...apparently you forgot the point of my original post already.  It was that Dickie V. does NOT in fact love USF.  If he did he would not try to talk coaches out of coming here.

I think a better question than "If Dickie V bashes USF and no one's around to hear it, did it really happen.... ?" ...is... "If Dickie V. bashes USF and it isn't posted on the internet, will Triple B believe it actually happened".   Apparently not.  Or maybe you have selective recollection.  Regardless, it happened.

At least you admit to blindly supporting the coach who set USF basketball back 5 years.  Those "marquee" wins amounted to ZERO BE tourneys, ZERO out of conference post season tourneys and an embarrassing decrease in community/fan support.  Well, at least he had one "fan's" support.

:D

somebody needs to let it go

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  74,725
  • Days Won:  425

So?

No I don't have a link for it.  I realize that the internet is your sole connection to the outside world, but that doesn't mean that everything that happens in the world is posted on the internet.  If you don't know about it then I can't help you.

If Dickie V bashes USF and no one's around to hear it, did it really happen.... ?

But we all already knew based on your support of Robert Mccullum that you know nothing about college bb anyway.  :)

I supported our coach ...... who had better wins in his time here than the previous regime but just couldn't maintain the consistency needed.

So...apparently you forgot the point of my original post already.  It was that Dickie V. does NOT in fact love USF.  If he did he would not try to talk coaches out of coming here.

Coaches?? So now it's more than one coach? ..... and who's to say that him trying to talk Seth out of coming here wasn't for OUR benefit.  ;)

I think a better question than "If Dickie V bashes USF and no one's around to hear it, did it really happen.... ?" ...is... "If Dickie V. bashes USF and it isn't posted on the internet, will Triple B believe it actually happened".  Apparently not.  Or maybe you have selective recollection.  Regardless, it happened.

Apparently not is correct ..... Not when there is evidence to the contrary. So far the only one saying he doesn't like us is you .... You who quoted him wrong.

At least you admit to blindly supporting the coach who set USF basketball back 5 years. 

I didn't say I blindly supported him. I supported him because in his 2nd CUSA conf tourney here he took us further than anyone else ever had and also beat 3 top 25 teams in the span of a week. His problem ultimately came down to keeping people healthy and not recruiting well enough early to make up for players going down or leaving.

Those  "marquee" wins amounted to ZERO BE tourneys, ZERO out of conference post season tourneys and an embarrassing decrease in community/fan support.

Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.... Correct on no BE tourney and no ooc conference post season tourneys but "an embarrassing decrease in community/fan support"?? LOL .... what, did we go from an average attendance of 2900 to 2800? There wasn't any appreciable community/fan support for YEARS before CRM came. That was another mark against him, In the best hoops conf in the country he couldn't rekindle the fire of USF hoops that had been basically dormant for almost a decade.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

So?

But we all already knew based on your support of Robert Mccullum that you know nothing about college bb anyway.   :)

Coaches?? So now it's more than one coach? ..... and who's to say that him trying to talk Seth out of coming here wasn't for OUR benefit.   ;)

I think a better question than "If Dickie V bashes USF and no one's around to hear it, did it really happen.... ?" ...is... "If Dickie V. bashes USF and it isn't posted on the internet, will Triple B believe it actually happened".   Apparently not.  Or maybe you have selective recollection.  Regardless, it happened.

Apparently not is correct ..... Not when there is evidence to the contrary. So far the only one saying he doesn't like us is you .... You who quoted him wrong.

At least you admit to blindly supporting the coach who set USF basketball back 5 years. 

I didn't say I blindly supported him. I supported him because in his 2nd CUSA conf tourney here he took us further than anyone else ever had and also beat 3 top 25 teams in the span of a week. His problem ultimately came down to keeping people healthy and not recruiting well enough early to make up for players going down or leaving.

Those  "marquee" wins amounted to ZERO BE tourneys, ZERO out of conference post season tourneys and an embarrassing decrease in community/fan support.

Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.... Correct on no BE tourney and no ooc conference post season tourneys but "an embarrassing decrease in community/fan support"?? LOL .... what, did we go from an average attendance of 2900 to 2800? There wasn't any appreciable community/fan support for YEARS before CRM came. That was another mark against him, In the best hoops conf in the country he couldn't rekindle the fire of USF hoops that had been basically dormant for almost a decade.

Direct quote from Dukie V.  "Basketball has not caught on at South Florida yet".  Gee I'm glad he loves USF so much.  That's a fair statement. We've never made NCAAA tourneys, averaged close to 8000 in attendance during those years, or had a tent city outside the sundome.  Good thing recruits don't read ESPN.com...wait a minute.....never mind.

Yes it is more than one coach.  By virtue of him telling Seth Greenberg not to come here and by making the above statement, he has told not only coaches but also PLAYERS not to come to USF. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

How is Dickie V saying basketball hasn't caught on here anything but truthful.  It isn't hateful... its just the truth.  If it caught on, we would have sell outs every game.

Once a pessimist....

• Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  0

Please attribute the source so context can be taken. What year was he saying this? Because I don't think I can go back to the last time we had a tent city if I count on my fingers.

link?

;D

How is Dickie V saying basketball hasn't caught on here anything but truthful.  It isn't hateful... its just the truth.  If it caught on, we would have sell outs every game.

Once a pessimist....

Hmmm.. football doesn't sell out every game.  Guess it hasn't caught on either?

Once an apologist...

Please attribute the source so context can be taken. What year was he saying this? Because I don't think I can go back to the last time we had a tent city if I count on my fingers.

The source is his column on ESPN.com. He said this well after our NCAA tourneys and tent cities.

• Content Count:  74,725
  • Days Won:  425

link?

;D

Touché.

• Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

OK - Great article.  His comments about an uphill struggle are definitely accurate - USF is a football school in a football state, and we're in a conference that's a little weak in football but a powerhouse in basketball.  Basketball is going to be a tough nut to crack, and that's not a knock on USF - it's just a fact. 

Look at a school like North Carolina - stellar basketball program with a hardcore following in a basketball state, but can't do squat in football, and probably doesn't care all that much. 

It seems to me that if our football program continues to be a solid BCS bowl contender more seasons than not, and our basketball team is at least taken seriously by the top Big East basketball schools, we'll be in pretty good shape.  I was at the UAB game, and while our play had improved over last year, I still don't think we're there yet.  There are several teams in the Big East who could absolutely wipe the floor with UAB, and we've got a long, hard season to play against those very teams.  Honestly, I think if we can finish the season in the middle of the Big East pack it will be a great accomplishment and something we should be proud of.   

Finally, I love it how the word censor function in this message board seems to have flagged **** Vitale's name.  **** Vitale.  **** Vitale.  **** **** **** **** ****

Archived