• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the 2008 class in a tail spin ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

Screw Mains, we don't need him. We have Craig Marshall and most likely David Bedford, we will be fine without that loser.

And why do you think Kion's verbal is not so "rock solid"?? Everything I can find points to him being here.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Not in a tailspin.  We have some pretty huge names still considering USF.

As for Wilson, I think he'll end up at USF, but we have at least 3 kids who verballed elsewhere coming in for a visit.  Cuts both ways.

• Content Count:  500

Are you a UCifer pretending to be a worried Bulls fan? Sure does look like it with 1 post being about losing 3 average recruits.

• Content Count:  505

I'm worried.  The top of the Big East is getting better recruiting wise and we are stagnant.  Don't forget we have on the field finished in the middle of the pack every year in the Big East.  The top teams are pulling away.  Don't try to give me the crap that our 2 stars are better than their 3 and 4 stars.  The better talent that WVU, Louisville, Pitt, Rutgers is getting will eventually begin to show on the field.  We will have to get used to the pizza bowl every year if we don't keep up.  I really hope we pull it out on signing day but I am really getting worried.  UCF is killing us in the Rivals rankings.  They 52nd with around 278 points and we are 68th with only 77 points.  Perception can turn to reality.  Recruits look at who else is signing where and right now the big boys are going elsewhere. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Signing day is in Feb relax people theres still a long way to go and we are in the final few teams for some real big names and we should land some of them.  We have some real chicken littles here. 

• Content Count:  2,523

Yeah, but to not have ONE 4 or 5 star kid when you are located in the middle of the most talent rich state is worth worrying about.  We need to at least win one battle against one of the big boys and all recruiting is is a sales job.  For us to be hovering about being ranked last year and the year we had this year, we should be pulling at least one kid above 3 stars.  Sort the list of schools who have a 4 or 5 star kid from FL and you'll see we've been unable to sell some kids that have no business leaving the area for schools which aren't near as good.

I hope they have some tricks up their sleaves, bc WVU and co are loading up on some pretty impressive kids with great speed which will catch up to what we're beating them with right now.  We're not even locking down the highschools in our area yet!

The recruiting classes are pretty much set for 2008.  You may see a change here and there, but if you're thinking we're going to go from what we have right now to having 5+ 4 or 5 stars, you're wishing for a miracle.

Heck, teams like bama already have 4 star kids committing for 2009!  We really need to hire a recruiting "ace"...

Bear in mind, Ruger... Scouting websites don't always have standard evaluations of every high school player... in many cases they base who they review in depth on what schools are recruiting/offering... they also tend to lower recruits if, say, only USF offers them..

It is possible some 3 star USF commits are as good as or better than 4-star or 5-star commits to other schools.

To me, anyone above 3-stars is worth having.  With the 25/85 rule, and the fact that 300+ I-A players come from Florida, USF will get enough talented players to compete.

Eventually, the Mr Footballs of the world will list USF as among their favorites... (heck, it happened last year with whats-his-name from Plant that went to Miami instead)...

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Stars for individual players are pretty meaningless, but as a group the more stars the better as it means you are getting better known higher profile (typically better ones) athletes.  The staff will not recruit kids who do not fit the system.  Also the staff does not look at Rivals or Scout when deciding who to recruit.

Having said that, according to my estimate we are in on 8 Rivals 4-star recruits; meaning that they have done an official visit or will.  There are a couple others who have I am not including who we are working on but who I do not think visit.  There are several olther 3-star players in the mix as well.  We have an opportunity to end this class with a huge bang, and there is a long way to go yet.

Archived