• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the 2008 class in a tail spin ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I'm worried.  The top of the Big East is getting better recruiting wise and we are stagnant.  Don't forget we have on the field finished in the middle of the pack every year in the Big East.  The top teams are pulling away.  Don't try to give me the crap that our 2 stars are better than their 3 and 4 stars.  The better talent that WVU, Louisville, Pitt, Rutgers is getting will eventually begin to show on the field.  We will have to get used to the pizza bowl every year if we don't keep up.  I really hope we pull it out on signing day but I am really getting worried.  UCF is killing us in the Rivals rankings.  They 52nd with around 278 points and we are 68th with only 77 points.  Perception can turn to reality.  Recruits look at who else is signing where and right now the big boys are going elsewhere. 

usf hasnt evn tapped in florida talent base

usf has underrecruited

usf should be competing for a big east title

not competing for 3rd place

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nahhh...we are doing well

improving every year.

we were 4-3 in big east

we didnt have the talent to beat uconn,ru or cinncy

Stars for individual players are pretty meaningless, but as a group the more stars the better as it means you are getting better known higher profile (typically better ones) athletes.  The staff will not recruit kids who do not fit the system.  Also the staff does not look at Rivals or Scout when deciding who to recruit.

Having said that, according to my estimate we are in on 8 Rivals 4-star recruits; meaning that they have done an official visit or will.  There are a couple others who have I am not including who we are working on but who I do not think visit.  There are several olther 3-star players in the mix as well.  We have an opportunity to end this class with a huge bang, and there is a long way to go yet.

only teams that dont sign 4 and 5 star players say that

• Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder what  FSU,UM,MIA and CAL is saying???

(DAMMIT...I SHOULDNT HAVE LISTENED  TO  RIVALS!!!!)

you GUYS REMEMBER  LAST  YEAR  WE  HAD A COUPLE  OF  3  STAR LINEMAN THT WE LET  GO  AND  SIGNED MCCOY AND GENUS?YEP, THEY ARE BOTH 2 STARS AND GENUS FUTURE LOOKS  BRIGHT!!!!!!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Stars for individual players are pretty meaningless, but as a group the more stars the better as it means you are getting better known higher profile (typically better ones) athletes.  The staff will not recruit kids who do not fit the system.  Also the staff does not look at Rivals or Scout when deciding who to recruit.

Having said that, according to my estimate we are in on 8 Rivals 4-star recruits; meaning that they have done an official visit or will.  There are a couple others who have I am not including who we are working on but who I do not think visit.  There are several olther 3-star players in the mix as well.  We have an opportunity to end this class with a huge bang, and there is a long way to go yet.

only teams that dont sign 4 and 5 star players say that

Really?  How does an individual player being ranked determine his success?  It doesn't.  It is the overall class level that matters which I already stated.

Weren't you lamenting the staff wasting all the talent we had? 

• Content Count:  1,797

You guys are pathetic.  Some loser flamer comes on the board and you all respond with your dumb arguing.  Nice work.  Anytime a poster makes their first post and it is a flame, you should have enough brain cells to figure out what they are up to.  Instead, you roll out the 3 page thread while 'FlakieBull' is laughing his head off between bagging groceries over in Whorelando.  Get a clue.

Normal

• Content Count:  563

i DON'T KNOW IF YOU NOTICED BUT NO ONE IS ARGUING ABOUT A TAIL SPIN.wE WENT OFF TOPIC LIKE THESE THING NORMALLY DO.

• Content Count:  3,403

I'm worried.  The top of the Big East is getting better recruiting wise and we are stagnant.  Don't forget we have on the field finished in the middle of the pack every year in the Big East.  The top teams are pulling away.  Don't try to give me the crap that our 2 stars are better than their 3 and 4 stars.  The better talent that WVU, Louisville, Pitt, Rutgers is getting will eventually begin to show on the field.  We will have to get used to the pizza bowl every year if we don't keep up.  I really hope we pull it out on signing day but I am really getting worried.  UCF is killing us in the Rivals rankings.  They 52nd with around 278 points and we are 68th with only 77 points.  Perception can turn to reality.  Recruits look at who else is signing where and right now the big boys are going elsewhere. 

usf hasnt evn tapped in florida talent base

usf has underrecruited

usf should be competing for a big east title

not competing for 3rd place

Do you even know the meaning of the word "compete?"  Again:  if we beat JUST UConn, we are in the Big East champions right now going to a BCS game.  How is that not competing?  We lost 3 heartbreaking games in a row for various reasons, but saying we didn't have the talent to win is just ignorant.  Some of our talent was injured, too.

USF has outdone every other school by getting to the top 10 fastest.  How is that under-recruiting?  How is getting more All-Americans, wait, no, the ONLY All-Americans from the Big East not competing?

USF has lived off the Florida talent base and is getting better players every year.  I thought that was fairly obvious to everyone in the nation after watching the games this year, but apparently some of you still don't have a clue as to what is going on here.

• Content Count:  3,403

What Planet do you live on?Just because you say something does NOT make it FACT.

Here are the FACTS..

Recruiting rankings are never 100% accurate.

The top two Recruiting Services disagree all of the time.

8/10 times a 2-star commits to a big time program they are immediately upgrade to at least a 3-star.

More FACTS...

***This info is taken from the 03, 04, and 05 recruiting rankings from Rivals***

11 of the top 25 teams  in the BCS has not had 1 top 25 class on Rivals.

3  of the 25 have had only 1 in 3 yrs.

3 of the 25 have  had 2 top 25 classes in those 3 yrs.

7 of the 25 have had top 25 finishes in all 3 yrs.

The AP Poll has 9 teams receiving votes.This is how they finished in the recruiting rankings.

6 of the 9 didn't  crack the top 25 on Rivals

2 of the 9 cracked the rankings once.

one one team(UM) finished in the top 25 all 3 yrs.

Heres where it gets  ugly.

3 teams that have had all 3 classes in the top 25 finished the season unranked.

FSU (7-5) MIA (5-7) CAL (6-6)

*EDIT* UM also finished the season unranked after 3 top 25 recruiting classes.

6 more teams have had 2 classes in the top 25 but finished season unranked.

12 teams have had at least 1 yr ranked in the top 25 but finished the season unranked.

I'm happy to break it to you but those are the FACTS.

Thanks for that.  It's great to see facts rather than uninformed opinion.

Archived