• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tebow even better off field than on it

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  0

I love Tebow especially as a person BUT (aside from the number of touchdowns) his stats are not as incredible as everyone makes them out to be.

He gained just 6 more net yards than Grothe with 10 more carries

Vince Young outgained him in 2005 by 220 yards and Young had 40 less carries  (that same year Young had just 100 less passing yards than TT).

They basically called his number in every touchdown situation and give him credit he produced but everyone seems to focus on his running and he isn't even the best running quarterback in CFB in the last three years and not the most productive running quarterback in Florida this year.

Also Percy Harvin rushed for 599 yards on 70 carries compared to Tebow's 838 yards on 194 carries.  If Harvin got those touches he would have been a run away Heisman winner.

It's all about opportunity and touches.

I am glad he is a good person or I would be ready to puke with all of this Tebow-mania.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I can't stand him, and the worst part is that I cannot identify WHY I feel that way about Teabag.

No matter what is written about him, what I hear about him, or what I see him doing (or not doing for that matter), he just seems like a two-faced guy that would throw someone under the bus for a candy bar.  I fully expect him to do something incredibly out of character before his college career ends.

I hope I am wrong, too...

• Content Count:  173

Crambone - don't hold back let us know how you really feel lol.

That was funny

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hes a good kid and a great college football player don't know whats not to like unless you just hate UF so bad you cant let yourself like the kid.  Hes an emotional kid who always gives 100% and leaves it all on the filed,  he accomplished something that has never been accomplished before, and hes a great person off the field. 

• Content Count:  12,293

i dont like all the taunting he gets away with during the games.

• Content Count:  2,239

I love Tebow especially as a person BUT (aside from the number of touchdowns) his stats are not as incredible as everyone makes them out to be.

He gained just 6 more net yards than Grothe with 10 more carries

Vince Young outgained him in 2005 by 220 yards and Young had 40 less carries  (that same year Young had just 100 less passing yards than TT).

They basically called his number in every touchdown situation and give him credit he produced but everyone seems to focus on his running and he isn't even the best running quarterback in CFB in the last three years and not the most productive running quarterback in Florida this year.

Also Percy Harvin rushed for 599 yards on 70 carries compared to Tebow's 838 yards on 194 carries.  If Harvin got those touches he would have been a run away Heisman winner.

It's all about opportunity and touches.

I am glad he is a good person or I would be ready to puke with all of this Tebow-mania.

Yet Grothe had plenty of more turnovers and touchdowns.  Tebow is a touchdown machine.

• Content Count:  3,078

how many of his td runs were less than 5 yards?  take most of those and his stats arent that special anymore.  if UF had a RB worth half a crap, Tebow would not have had half of those rushing td's. 

it's a shame that he won other awards for being the top QB, he is nowhere near being the best QB

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree he's not the best QB, but he's top 5, and stats say so.

Plus he rolled your Vols for 59 points.

Anyways, he seems to have his head on straight despite the abusive taunting he puts forth and desrves the Heisman

• Content Count:  19

how many of his td runs were less than 5 yards?  take most of those and his stats arent that special anymore.  if UF had a RB worth half a crap, Tebow would not have had half of those rushing td's. 

it's a shame that he won other awards for being the top QB, he is nowhere near being the best QB

probably about the same amount of touches in goal line situations as herschel walker and bo jackson, 2 of the best RBs to ever play college football. 

why does tebow taunt?  he is a very excitable player, combined that with cell phone threats to your family on the road at lsu, he has every right to show a little more excitement.  he's actually toned it down this year  :)

Archived