• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tebow even better off field than on it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I love Tebow especially as a person BUT (aside from the number of touchdowns) his stats are not as incredible as everyone makes them out to be.

He gained just 6 more net yards than Grothe with 10 more carries

Vince Young outgained him in 2005 by 220 yards and Young had 40 less carries  (that same year Young had just 100 less passing yards than TT).

They basically called his number in every touchdown situation and give him credit he produced but everyone seems to focus on his running and he isn't even the best running quarterback in CFB in the last three years and not the most productive running quarterback in Florida this year.

Also Percy Harvin rushed for 599 yards on 70 carries compared to Tebow's 838 yards on 194 carries.  If Harvin got those touches he would have been a run away Heisman winner.

It's all about opportunity and touches.

I am glad he is a good person or I would be ready to puke with all of this Tebow-mania.

s

give ten tebows

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

how many of his td runs were less than 5 yards?  take most of those and his stats arent that special anymore.  if UF had a RB worth half a crap, Tebow would not have had half of those rushing td's. 

it's a shame that he won other awards for being the top QB, he is nowhere near being the best QB

probably about the same amount of touches in goal line situations as herschel walker and bo jackson, 2 of the best RBs to ever play college football. 

why does tebow taunt?  he is a very excitable player, combined that with cell phone threats to your family on the road at lsu, he has every right to show a little more excitement.  he's actually toned it down this year  :)

I would love to see the numbers because I don't remember Walker of Jackson playing in the 4th quarter of games that were well in hand and the kind of stat padding we see with Tebow.  Heck when you see how far superior Harvin's rushing numbers are to Tebow's you have to wonder why Tebow got 120 more rushes than him.

I think he's good but everyone is acting like he has revolutionized the game - he's along the same lines as what Vince Young and Michael Vick did in college.  Let's hope he's a better pro.

your argument wasn't meaningless scores late in the game.  it was about tebow getting all those rushing TDs from less than 5 yards out.  you're discounting tebow's stats esp rushing TDs because of that and i said that past SEC legends had less TD's than tebow despite them being in the same situation. 

yes tebow had late scores.  but there's been plenty of leads blown by the gators over the years.  too many to just take a knee or run up the middle with a 2-3 score lead.  plus, tebow was in late in games because the 2nd and 3rd string qbs were injured as well for more than half the games.

1.  You mixed my quote and someone else's I never said anything about the 5 yards.

2.  The blown lead crap is BS - we're talking 3 touchdown leads.

3.  The 2nd and 3rd QB's weren't injured.

Your entire post is inaccurate.

• Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

3rd string qb brian waggoner had a season ending injury.  2nd string cam newton had a high ankle sprain for half the season. 

there was no backup qb for at least 6 games. 

Archived