• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Feel Sorry for UCF - II ........ Did Not Sell Out Champsionship Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  742
  • Days Won:  0

Actually I do not feel sorry at all for the Rat Towners. UCF did not even sell out the "championship" game at home. They have only had 30 years to get ready.

How freaking weak.

Jay

• Content Count:  879

I noticed that.  I saw all those empty seats in the end zone.  Weak indeed. ;D

• Content Count:  1,386

Actually I do not feel sorry at all for the Rat Towners. UCF did not even sell out the "championship" game at home. They have only had 30 years to get ready.

How freaking weak.

Jay

Official UCF announced attendance was 44,128. Cent FL averaged 44,000 (44,000.167) for the regular season. The total for all 6 regular season games and the Championship game is 44,018. The stadium capacity is 45,000, so C. Florida had a 97.8% occupancy rate. That's not bad at all, but you would have expected the game for the C-USA championship to at least sell out, since everyone wants to go to CFL games.

Kizarvexis

p.s. Do you think the Dumbgeon will come back now as UCiF has something to crow about?

• Content Count:  742

How freaking weak.

Jay

Official UCF announced attendance was 44,128. Cent FL averaged 44,000 (44,000.167) for the regular season. The total for all 6 regular season games and the Championship game is 44,018. The stadium capacity is 45,000, so C. Florida had a 97.8% occupancy rate. That's not bad at all, but you would have expected the game for the C-USA championship to at least sell out, since everyone wants to go to CFL games.

Kizarvexis

p.s. Do you think the Dumbgeon will come back now as UCiF has something to crow about?

That may be so but the Sentinel blog said that there was less that 50% before the game and less that 85% before half time.

Jay

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

How freaking weak.

Jay

Dude, it's the CUSA CHAMPIONSHIP...are you really surprised?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Leave the attendance alone.  We're starting to sound like some of their fans with the fascination with their attendance.  They won on the field, and for once they can be more proud of that than all the ancillary stuff.

• Content Count:  971

Nothing says "mid-major" quite like thunder stix. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

How freaking weak.

Jay

dont feel sorry for them since they got great national publicity

we need to play them every year to  keep them down

• Content Count:  677

I noticed that.  I saw all those empty seats in the end zone.  Weak indeed. ;D

If u looked a bit closer .tulsa fans were sitting there... those were tulsa set asides.. I don't know for sure.. but the friday afternoon a bunch of seats came open as group seats of 10 or more.. my guess is that was the tulsa returned tix..

• Content Count:  416

Weak. UCF has nothing to feel bad about, their attendance was good even if they didn't get the sell-out and they've finally accomplished something on the field worth crowing about. It's like saying you're almost feeling sorry for Hawaii because they're just in a mid-major conference even though they're going to a BCS game. There are plenty of things to rag on UCF about but their conf. championship and attendance this season aren't.

Archived