• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When we travel to the LEGO Stadium at UCF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,462
  • Days Won:  13

at $12 a ticket, I would hardly be beating my chest over any sales of tickets. 

Seriously, they had to practically give tickets away to get people to go.

Even our 2for1 deal for a game amounted to more $$/ticket(and still sold).

but you could not sell out a conference championship game.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

You mean Tulsa couldn't.

• Content Count:  709

Ray Jay was shaking in the upper deck at the last Bulls game I went to vs. Louisville.

EVERY stadium shakes.  That is the point.  Have you ever flown a window seat next to the wing on an airplane?  Watch that sucker shake like a mother when there is very little turbulence.  Then watch it when you go through some turbulence in a section of cloud cover.

Structures MUST have some give to them or they will come down FAR quicker than something that does.  They used to say the Twin Towers in NYC swayed many feet at a time depending on the wind.

One thing is for sure, USF engineers are the stupidest falkers in the world.

Yeah, and how tall were those towers?  How much of a moment does that driving wind create on such a long surface?  Why do high-rise buildings employ passive and active systemts to limit this motion? 

Sway and movement are to be expected in any structure, but a forced wave motion (that was shown on television) is something different altogether.  Hey here's a big f*&$ing clue, If they're calling it a "trampoline" then there it is probably a problem.  You guys keep on smiling and blowing sunshine and roses, but remember that even a small failure could result in tragedy.     

For the record, I earned my BSME from USF in 2000.  I am currently a professional engineer.   

And where did you get your engineering degree?  If UCiF, is their engineering school even accredited?   

Dumb ass, why are you sitting around waiting for something to happen?  Why are you not outraged that professional engineers, licensed in the state of Florida, have so obviously signed off on a project that is destined to kill or injure at least 10000 people?  Maybe more.  Why aren't you trying a bit harder to avoid what would be one of the most catastrophic events in US history?

I'll tell you why.  Because you have NO clue and apparently have NO ME degree.  But I know where it came from and I wouldn't light my gas grill with that piece of paper.

Steel stadiums sway as most massive structures do.  They are tested WELL BEYOND THEIR LIMITS.

You are, in essence, saying you know people are going to die and are doing nothing about it.  You should LOSE your PE and your license.

Idiot.

This isn't the Dumbgeon, Mav.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,548
  • Days Won:  423

You mean Tulsa couldn't.

Tulsa shouldn't have had to ....

Ray Jay was shaking in the upper deck at the last Bulls game I went to vs. Louisville.

EVERY stadium shakes.  That is the point.  Have you ever flown a window seat next to the wing on an airplane?  Watch that sucker shake like a mother when there is very little turbulence.  Then watch it when you go through some turbulence in a section of cloud cover.

Structures MUST have some give to them or they will come down FAR quicker than something that does.  They used to say the Twin Towers in NYC swayed many feet at a time depending on the wind.

One thing is for sure, USF engineers are the stupidest falkers in the world.

Yeah, and how tall were those towers?  How much of a moment does that driving wind create on such a long surface?  Why do high-rise buildings employ passive and active systemts to limit this motion? 

Sway and movement are to be expected in any structure, but a forced wave motion (that was shown on television) is something different altogether.  Hey here's a big f*&$ing clue, If they're calling it a "trampoline" then there it is probably a problem.  You guys keep on smiling and blowing sunshine and roses, but remember that even a small failure could result in tragedy.     

For the record, I earned my BSME from USF in 2000.  I am currently a professional engineer.   

And where did you get your engineering degree?  If UCiF, is their engineering school even accredited?   

Dumb ass, why are you sitting around waiting for something to happen?  Why are you not outraged that professional engineers, licensed in the state of Florida, have so obviously signed off on a project that is destined to kill or injure at least 10000 people?  Maybe more.  Why aren't you trying a bit harder to avoid what would be one of the most catastrophic events in US history?

The answer to that is pretty obvious ....... and callous.

But I know where it came from and I wouldn't light my gas grill with that piece of paper.

If you were smart and stayed where that came from you could probably afford a gas grill with an electronic starter rather than having to light it like that.

Steel stadiums sway as most massive structures do.

Maybe steel stadiums that are taller than 30 feet do that normally..... To try and associate BHNS with "massive structures" is pure folly.

They are tested WELL BEYOND THEIR LIMITS.

Link?

This game, while at our stadium, is rum by CUSA.  Tulsa had a decent allotment and shortly before gametime, they were released to the Orlando public.  There was no way to sell that allotment out so quickly.

This game, while at our stadium, is rum by CUSA.  Tulsa had a decent allotment and shortly before gametime, they were released to the Orlando public.  There was no way to sell that allotment out so quickly.

How shortly?

A day or two not including gameday or so.  CUSA wanted as many Tulsa fans there, so tix were not available until very late.  That's why it was only empty near the TU fans.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,462
  • Days Won:  13

A day or two not including gameday or so.  CUSA wanted as many Tulsa fans there, so tix were not available until very late.  That's why it was only empty near the TU fans.

and UCF didnt let people know that tickets were still available. Wow

So was there ever a time when tickets weren't available for the game? By that I mean did people ever call UCF admin or Ticketmaster and were turned away?

Archived