• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Proposed Rays Stadium Could Host Big East Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

not sure why you guys think 35,000 is too small for a lower-tier bowl. birmingham announced 32,000 fans last year and toronto was just under 27,000.

But if people are thinking about it with the possibility that we'll be there (which, really, is just about the only reason we care about a potential bowl there) then it's quite small.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

not sure why you guys think 35,000 is too small for a lower-tier bowl. birmingham announced 32,000 fans last year and toronto was just under 27,000.

But if people are thinking about it with the possibility that we'll be there (which, really, is just about the only reason we care about a potential bowl there) then it's quite small.

Yeah, we could sell out Ray Jay for a bowl game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

I don't see why using RJS either a week before or a week after the Outback isn't a better idea.

If the Big East is looking to back a new bowl-- get it off the ground and whatnot--- what better place?

Sure-- you have to contend with the Bucs and getting it prepped properly-- but it is certainly doable. More money for the Glazers-- they wouldn't care.

The OUtback might be the only group that is the problem. But as long as there is enough separation-- no reason we couldn't have two bowls in Tampa using the same facility.

Perhaps usingthe new baseball stadium might get the idea off the ground initially-- but why not go big instead? We certaintly have the right weather and hotel space for a bowl game.

• Content Count:  695

Ray Jay already has the Outback Bowl, I think a bowl at the new Rays stadium (if it's built, still a battle there) would be a good replacement for the Pizza Bowl. It would be kinda like the Emerald Bowl, they would add some makeshift seats and it would probably sit 50,000 or so. I like it!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

There is no law against having more than one bowl game in the same facility--- there may be a rule-- but I would doubt it

There is no law against having more than one bowl game in the same facility--- there may be a rule-- but I would doubt it

So you don't think a lower-tier bowl game on the waterfront of Tampa Bay is a good idea?

• Content Count:  400

Ray Jay already has the Outback Bowl, I think a bowl at the new Rays stadium (if it's built, still a battle there) would be a good replacement for the Pizza Bowl. It would be kinda like the Emerald Bowl, they would add some makeshift seats and it would probably sit 50,000 or so. I like it!

Many stadiums have hosted more than 1 bowl game.  I think dolphins stadium has hosted more than 1 bowl game in the same year (and i dont mean 2 BCS games).  I think RJS is more than equipped to be hosting multiple bowl games.  If we have the Outback Bowl, why not have the Hooters Bowl, or the Tropicana Bowl, or any other local business on another week?

if not, then yes, the new Rays stadium hosting a bowl game will be like the Emerald Bowl, which would be a great and would sure as hell be a great view: http://www.emeraldbowl.org/index.asp?content=stadium

and vacationing to St. Pete is a hell of a lot better than Birmingham, Alabama.

• Content Count:  2,478

NO! That just sounds like a cheap crappy bowl game. You think people make fun of the pizza bowl? Papajohns.com will look like the Rose Bowl when compared to 35,000 bowl in a BASEBALL STADIUM

NO! That just sounds like a cheap crappy bowl game. You think people make fun of the pizza bowl? Papajohns.com will look like the Rose Bowl when compared to 35,000 bowl in a BASEBALL STADIUM

You're an idiot. For one thing, makeshift seats would make it into a 50,000 seat bowl game and the bowl game would take place right on the waterfront. Plus Florida is a much better winter vacationing spot than in some outhouse in Alabama. This would be a great idea, I don't think Ray Jay would see out a lower-tier bowl game so why not do it in a smaller stadium? Cinci and Southern Miss selling out Ray Jay? I doubt it!

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Cinci and Southern Miss selling out Ray Jay? I doubt it!

True.  I was saying WE could sell out Ray Jay if we got .com'ed on a particular year.

Archived