• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays' Proposed Stadium Unveiled!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Name a big contract they (the new regime) have signed other than Crawford... that is part of our point.. they aren't spending any money.

When they did (previous regime), they were bad contracts. But that doesn't mean they should never do it, they just need to be smart about it.  Crawford was a smart signing, so the "current regime" deserves credit there.

But one player is not enough.  Being a farm system and losing all your good players to other teams is not the way to go.  If you are going to lose them, you need to get something for them.

The trade with minnesota might turn out good... to be determined.  I liked young and i think you might have been able to get a bit more in that trade than you did... but Garza is a good pitcher.  Having Garza, and your current two good pitchers is progress.  Finally have a formidable rotation forming for the first time ever.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Trip, the Indians have never spent below 50 Million since rebuilding...

Further, what happens when Kazmir, Upton, etc minor league contracts run out in the next few seasons?

The Rays are making the right moves, but they are doing it while keeping costs down.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

Trip, the Indians have never spent below 50 Million since rebuilding...

If I'm understanding that correctly, "since rebuilding" is the key there. The Rays aren't totally built yet. When all the young stars are into their next contracts the Rays should be around that 50 million mark or higher.

Further, what happens when Kazmir, Upton, etc minor league contracts run out in the next few seasons?

And that's the key. If they don't pay to keep Kazmir, Upton and other young stars when the time comes THEN I'm going to want a **** good explanation if the money is there

The Rays are making the right moves, but they are doing it while keeping costs down.

Making the right moves and keeping costs down ..... Isn't that sound business?

Aboslutely, but 1) will that continue, 2)  and will it turn into anything other than last place, 3)  are there BETTER moves out there that could be / could have been  made?

If the answer is no to these questions, especially #2... attendance will never be fixed.  The stadium isn't going to make any of these turn to yes.

Aboslutely, but 1) will that continue, 2)  and will it turn into anything other than last place, 3)  are there BETTER moves out there that could be / could have been  made?

Only Miss Cleo has those answers ......

LOL.  It doesn't take Miss Cleo to at least have a hunch on #2.  If the Rays are in a division with 4 of the largest spenders, the hill they have to climb is much greater.  They should move to the NL and then they'll have a fighting chance.

• Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

The Rays do need a new stadium, the Trop while built for Baseball does not have the feel of a Baseball park, and in my opinion was much better as a hockey rink.

My problem with the Rays, is the mascot and the new even gayer mascot, logo, etc.

I never got attached to the Rays when they were the Devil's, Tampa is not well know for Devil Rays. Now they changed their name by dropping Devils and leaving the Rays. Now the team is whoring it self out as one giant advertising ad for Florida's beaches, I mean come on, why not just go the whole 9 yards and name them the Snow Birds, Junior Yankees, or Beaches.  >:(

• Content Count:  189
  • Days Won:  0

Not to nick pick, but I always thought McGriff was a good signing. Its funny they always praise the Boggs signing, but Freddy was as **** important to the team and was of better quality then Vinny Castilla, Greg Vaughn, and Canseco. Its was good to see the 3000 hr of Boggs (was sitting 3rd base line right behind the dugout that night) but alot of casual fans pair McGriff with the hit show, but he was signed before the first season started, as oppose to the other 3.

Now as far as the franchise goes, they've never seemed to come off as having a plan when it came to making trades and realizing value. Randy Winn for Sweet Lou....Gathwright for Howell, Hendricks & Toby Hall for Jae Seo and Navarro? Aubrey Huff for Zobrist and some minor league pitcher who's probably still in double a. Years of sticking with Estaban Yan and Jesus Colome and watching them blow saves. Watching starting pitchers like Edwin Jackson and Tanyon Sturtz dig them in huge holes walking people and giving up 5-6 runs in the first 2 innings. They never should of got rid of Baez.

Truth of the matter is, I lost almost all faith in the team. I was at the first game, I was always going to spring training games, the 3000 hr mentioned above, now I go sparingly when I have very little to do, no expectations, mostly to drink beer, walk around, look at all the snatch on college nights and if they win, great, if the lose, well atleast I got my money's worth since tickets are so cheap. Call it bandwagon or whatever, but 10 years of the same **** can frustate even the biggest diehard.

LOL.  It doesn't take Miss Cleo to at least have a hunch on #2.  If the Rays are in a division with 4 of the largest spenders, the hill they have to climb is much greater.  They should move to the NL and then they'll have a fighting chance.

They should already be in the NL ..... another thing to hate the Mafia king Huiezenga for.

yep... it would be interesting to see how they would fair not having to compete in the al east.  76 games against those 4 teams combined is murder.

Archived