• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Under Armour Uniforms?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Why not change the helmet? Oregon has shown the football world you can have 3 different colored helmets. So why not?

I honestly believe that Oregon just tries it's hardest to be SO outlandish that it gets them publicity. There's no way that the "powers that be" can truly enjoy watching those..........creations.

Speaking of our uni's.....is it just me or does the green in our uniform seem to change colors on the road? What I mean by that is at home we wear a dark green uniform, like a hunters green, nearing a black green. But then I see us on the road sometimes....specifically the Pitt game comes to mind and the green pants and numbers look "green" like crayola crayon green. Not dark at all. I knoiw it is probably just the lighting or the cameras but I wondered if anyone else thought this.

I think it's just the white jersey that makes the green "pop". You gotta remember that when a dark colored jersey gets wet(sweat, water), it gets even darker. The pants arent as conducive to sweat(besides the lineman getting swamp ass), and theyll appear lighter. Tada!

That and maybe my 1 year old has been messing with the color functions on TV remote. Anyway, I saw your pictures of the Pitt game on the link to your other post about the UnderArmour jerseys and in the pictures the pants appear as the same "dark green" I'm accustomed to seeing at home. Yet, I swear on TV, the green I see makes us look like Marshall. It looks just silly.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they wont change the helmets....they just did that a few years ago.

No they didnt.

umm...yes they did.

Really?!

yep

usf.jpg

1) Facemasks are screwed on, they can be changed easily

2) The logos are, I believe, essentially decals.  When the logo changed I don't think the color of the helmet changed...

Need to get some pics to compare. MikeG? Do you have any pics of the helmet from before the logo change?

• Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

Seems like it would be a bad idea to change uniforms very much... Little tweaks maybe, but we kind of established ourselves nationally and changing the look might confuse people...

It sounds dumb, but seriously...

And there's nothing wrong with our uniforms anyways...

• Content Count:  3,827

they wont change the helmets....they just did that a few years ago.

No they didnt.

umm...yes they did.

Really?!

yep

usf.jpg

The goat changed, but the gold did not.

(by the way, that helmet that you present is completely inaccurate...but it actually is what we SHOULD have had.)

• Content Count:  155

i am convinced that oregons uniforms over the past 20 years are pretty much based on a dare after a night of binge drinking

"hey bob... lets make them look like this... muhahaha... brrrp... beer wench... another round"

oregoncd3.jpg

• Content Count:  213

The Oregon (and Oregon State) uniforms are underwritten by Nike, an Oregon-based company. The company has used them to try unusual ideas in all sports -- if you watched last year's College World Series, the OSU gray jerseys featured white lettering across the front with gigantic front numbers.

I would expect Under Armour to make tweaks, but significant tweaks, in the USF unis. And as always, I will hope for the abandonment of the monochrome look -- and better helmets.

• Content Count:  4,738

The Oregon (and Oregon State) uniforms are underwritten by Nike, an Oregon-based company. The company has used them to try unusual ideas in all sports -- if you watched last year's College World Series, the OSU gray jerseys featured white lettering across the front with gigantic front numbers.

I would expect Under Armour to make tweaks, but significant tweaks, in the USF unis. And as always, I will hope for the abandonment of the monochrome look -- and better helmets.

the green on our unis is perfect.

so is oregons sweet unis

• Content Count:  155

usf unis are actually quite nice... the all green look just needs another color added so it looks less like a high school team

the helmets are also nice.. but the gold just strikes me as "off"... its more mustard than gold

i actually like the white ones... and i liked the white ones with the big USF on the sleeve a couple years ago

either way thank god for the new logo... the old one looked like a goat getting a bl*wjob

• Content Count:  4,738

usf unis are actually quite nice... the all green look just needs another color added so it looks less like a high school team

the helmets are also nice.. but the gold just strikes me as "off"... its more mustard than gold

i actually like the white ones... and i liked the white ones with the big USF on the sleeve a couple years ago

either way thank god for the new logo... the old one looked like a goat getting a bl*wjob

the all green is sweet

Archived