• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HOT to Sun Bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Word from Dr. Robinson is that we have no idea what will happen. He says that it could be everyone, it could be a pep band.

If you guys really want the HOT to be there, we need you to call and email athletics and let them know that. I feel that would help out.

can u post (or message me) the contact info for the appropriate people to call/email ?

thanks.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  377
  • Days Won:  0

Word I heard was that they are still unsure if the entire band will go.  They will at least take a pep band of 100 or so, but I think it is up to athletics if the entire band gets to travel.  IMHO it would be a real shame if all of the kids did not get the opportunity to go.

They can take part of the 1.5 million dollar payout and pay for their ride over there.

• Content Count:  296

can u post (or message me) the contact info for the appropriate people to call/email ?

thanks.

I don't know who in Athletics you would talk to, but I'm sure Dr. Robinson could tell you. His e-mail is mrobinso@arts.usf.edu

• Content Count:  2,726

Athletics Administration    Return To Top

Doug Woolard, Director of Athletics (813) 974-2125

Bill McGillis, Senior Associate Athletic Director/External Affairs (813) 974-8930 bmcgillis@admin.usf.edu

Barbara Sparks-McGlinchy, Senior Associate Director of Athletics (813) 974-2125 bsparks@admin.usf.edu

Barry Clements, Associate Director of Athletics/Sports & Programs (813) 974-4144 clements@admin.usf.edu

Amy Haworth, Associate Director of Athletics/Academics (813) 974-3007 ahaworth@admin.usf.edu

Steve Horton, Associate Director of Athletics/Compliance (813) 974-6858 horton@admin.usf.edu

Brett Huebner, Associate Director of Athletics/CFO (813) 974-3227 bhuebner@admin.usf.edu

Vicki Mitchell, Associate Director of Athletics/Development (813) 974-1889 vmitchel@admin.usf.edu

Andrew Goodrich, Special Assistant to the Director of Athletics (813) 974-3994 goodrich@admin.usf.edu

Here are all the numbers to ALL of the athletics administration officials...EMAIL ALL OF THEM.  They need to know the we want the ENTIRE BAND there!!! We have the BEST BAND in the conference and ONE OF THE BEST in the COUNTRY and that needs to be showcased. 

Not to mention we need to show the STRENGTH of our UNIVERSITY.

EMAIL EVERYONE TO GET HOT BAND TO EL PASO!!!

GO BULLS!!!  HOT GOES TO EL PASO!!!

• Content Count:  1,158

Please don't bombard the emails of our administration.  We have a lot going on right now.  Vicki reads the boards and I can relay the information as well.  In the cost comparison someone listed before, keep in mind we are likely going to have to fly the band and cheerleaders to El Paso as opposed to bussing them in.  That increases the cost significantly.  Believe me when I say bombarding them with emails won't help.

Eric

• Content Count:  1,633

**** Guys, I know it would look all nice and everything, but if they took the full three hundred just their airfare alone would be close to $90,000. Then you have to house 300 kids plus the staff for a couple of nights which would be around another $30k. Don't forget the buses(who knows how much they are), per diem($6300 per day X's 3-4 days is $18,900-$25200), and their tickets into the game which will probably be $40-$50 per student or another $12k-$15K.

You are looking at something like $170,000.

Is it really worth it?

• Content Count:  2,363

**** Guys, I know it would look all nice and everything, but if they took the full three hundred just their airfare alone would be close to $90,000. Then you have to house 300 kids plus the staff for a couple of nights which would be around another $30k. Don't forget the buses(who knows how much they are), per diem($6300 per day X's 3-4 days is $18,900-$25200), and their tickets into the game which will probably be $40-$50 per student or another $12k-$15K.

You are looking at something like $170,000.

I was estimating around a quarter mil in the other threat on this topic.

Is it really worth it?

Absolutely.

• Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I would love more than anyone to have HOT at the Sun Bowl but I would also take a mini-HOT if the cost is too great. 

• Content Count:  416

I know it would be awesome to have the whole band there but a quarter of a million dollars can pay for a lot of things that USF doesn't have yet.

Archived