• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First "Looking Towards 2008" Thread

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

My two cents (listed in order of importance):

1.  We have to get better at OL.  That includes recruiting better.  We just don't have the horses or the depth.  Rutgers wreaked havoc on our offense rushing three dudes with a spy for Grothe.

2.  We have to tighten up on special teams.  Our kicking game was unreliable for much of the season, our returners were not adept at catching the ball and our coverage teams were poor.

All other aspects, I'll take our's over anyone else in the BE.  Despite defensive losses, I personally think our defense is evolving into a revolving door of talent that will be the pride of the BE.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we have onemore game with ftu/ou/oc? i thought we were done with them

fiu and ut-martin makes for a weak schedule

My two cents (listed in order of importance):

1.  We have to get better at OL.  That includes recruiting better.  We just don't have the horses or the depth.  Rutgers wreaked havoc on our offense rushing three dudes with a spy for Grothe.

2.  We have to tighten up on special teams.  Our kicking game was unreliable for much of the season, our returners were not adept at catching the ball and our coverage teams were poor.

All other aspects, I'll take our's over anyone else in the BE.  Despite defensive losses, I personally think our defense is evolving into a revolving door of talent that will be the pride of the BE.

these have been problems for years

lack of team discipline will always be a problem with leavitt at helm

our defense couldnt stop rice or underwood,uconn or cincy

First thing we should be recruiting is a run stuffing DT.  Look at the last 2 Rutgers games, I still see Ray Rice running up the middle.  We need someone to jam up the center of the D-line.

great idea

usf needs to upgrade their recruiting

how many more years will usf be a middle of the road big east team

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I'm really looking forward to next season.  It will be my first one as a college grad, so I hope to have season tix (pending on if I can afford or not) and I may travel to either FIU or UCF.  Remember our game at FIU will be the official opener of their new stadium.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

How long will we be a middle of the road Big East team?

I say by 2010 we will be like Miami was in the Big East. 

How long will we be a middle of the road Big East team?

I say by 2010 we will be like Miami was in the Big East. 

i would take that!

• Content Count:  349
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, definately OL and DL are where I see the most worries. I think the WRs are an upgrade, and I think we'll be fine at DB and LB will still be awesome. The next CB duo may not be MJ or Trae, but I think they'll prove to be pretty good. But O-Line is probably my biggest concern, upgrading the talent as well as increasing the depth. The team dealt with a lot of injuries at O-Line this year, and I think they did ok... but it'd be nice to have some talent waiting in the wings to be able to come in and shore up the line when someone gets injuried.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I'm really looking forward to next season.  It will be my first one as a college grad, so I hope to have season tix (pending on if I can afford or not) and I may travel to either FIU or UCF.  Remember our game at FIU will be the official opener of their new stadium.

Start saving now.  You should be able to get season tix as a new grad for about $100.  I think that is what they offered this year for new grads.  Also, if you know anyone in the Family Section, they can add you on for only $75 for the entire season.  Basically $12.50 per ticket.  You can't beat that, unless you are a student.

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Are we 100% sure McKenzie goes to the middle over Mompremier?  Plus why didn't Mompremier start Sat?  Was he injured?  OL does need to be upgraded.  Gotta get some jucos run blockers to get Ford 1000 yards next season.  If that kid gets on track, Grothe's life is gonna get a whole lot easier to throw the ball.  And if the WRs catch the ball all season like yesterday, USF is gonna score some points.

Archived