• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Sun Bowl Opponents Thread | Oregon?

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

I made a spreadsheet of all the possibilities for this weekend's games, and these were the results:

If the Pac-10 gets two teams into the BCS, USF will play the Oregon-Oregon State loser.

If the Pac-10 does not get two teams into the BCS, USF will play the Oregon-Oregon State winner.

If both USC and Arizona State lose, USF could play Arizona State instead of the Oregon-Oregon State winner.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726

DONT FEAR THE BEAVER.

Oh no...I LOVE THE BEAVER!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

What are the odds of the 1 vs. 2 BCS teams because Oregon is looking pretty horrid right now.

• Content Count:  695

No chance the UCLA can make it? ****.

I'd rather see Oregon State than Oregon because honestly Oregon is just a shell of their former selves without Dixon and didn't the backup Leaf get hurt too? So even if we blew them out people wouldn't be satisfied. Arizona State would be cool, except they will have lost to Arizona, and gotten torn apart by Oregon and USC so us beating them wouldn't be as big of a deal.

Oregon State if they beat Oregon will come into this game winning 6 of 7 including a victory at then No. 2 California with the only loss being at also red hot USC. I think beating a hot team like Oregon State would be a much bigger deal then beating Oregon or Arizona State but obviously all 3 opponents are great teams so it will be a fun bowl to watch.

• Content Count:  645

Gary - Thanks

And check you sig...not sure you have the right answer.  ::)

• Content Count:  695

What are the odds of the 1 vs. 2 BCS teams because Oregon is looking pretty horrid right now.

But if we beat up on Oregon it wouldn't matter, people would just say "Well they didn't have Dixon", plus Oregon will have lost 3 straight heading into the game making a loss to us their 4th straight so really we would be in a lose-lose. If we lost people would say we suck not even being able to beat Oregon without Dixon when UCLA who lost to Note Dame and Utah could while if we won as I said before they would say "Well they didn't have Dixon, they lost 3 straight so they didn't really care".

Arizona State has struggled too to end the season, would have to lose 3 of 4 (by losing to Zona) in order to get into the Sun Bowl against us. Again, people would make the case that Arizona State collapsed, wanted to be in the Rose Bowl and not at the Sun so they didn't give their best effort.

Oregon State on the other hand is a hot team, they want to be in this game because after starting 2-3 with the schedule in front of them a winning season looked improbable let alone a New Years eve bowl game against a 9-3 Big East team once ranked #2 so if they lost it would be because we are a better team there would be no excuses.

• Content Count:  2,363

DONT FEAR THE BEAVER.

Oh no...I LOVE THE BEAVER!!!

GO BULLS!!!

I, too, am a fan of the beaver.  ;D

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Gary - Thanks

And check you sig...not sure you have the right answer.  ::)

Actually, that is accurate i believe.  If we didn't play him, then we would be holding him under x yards... Gary is clever like that.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I AM BRINGing a beaver with me to el paso

Archived