• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on home crowd this year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

USF has drawn an average of 61,906 to its past four home games, and its once-empty home field now is an enthusiastic environment for college football. Although Heinz Field and the "Ray Jay" are similarly sized stadiums, their atmospheres were "markedly different," Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly said after playing at both this season.

"The atmosphere at Raymond James was electric," Kelly said. "The way the stadium is configured, they're right on top of you. I've played in front of 103,000, 104,000 at Penn State and Michigan. This was an exciting crowd."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/college/s_539448.html

• Content Count:  16,425
  • Days Won:  43

I have always said that RJS is one of the loudest stadiums in football. I believe it was even louder than the BUC games this season. The students were awesome this year. I have been watching the replays of the games, and the crowd noise still sounds electric on TV. It all started with that UNC game in were the student section basically made it impossible for UNC's QB to hear.

I would agree... that WVU game was amazing.  Sound had feeling that night... it was the first time leaving a football game where my ears were ringing like a concert.

That happened quite a bit in the Sun Dome for basketball in the early 1990's... but never in an outdoor stadium before.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Remember a WVU fan accusing USF of piping in crowd noise  :o

Tamplona is a big Home Field Advantage !

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

I gave that some thought (piped in noise) and I think I know what they are referring to.

There is a certain piece of music that we play that sounds like crowd noise--- but it cuts off before the play starts.

For the most part though-- the people were much louder than the sound system

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

The WVU game was the second loudest football game I've ever been to. The most consistent noise I've ever heard for an entire game. The only thing I'd heard louder was last year when UF blocked the kick against South Carolina to save the win.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

I know it sounds like I am having surgery performed on me, but it's the end of the game and my voice was ripped and only way to make noise.

And glad that most everyone stayed  8)

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

I've heard people on here talking about getting thrown out for standing... Well that game in the student section you didn't get to see the game unless you were standing on  your chair. It wasn't enough to just stand, you had to stand on the chair in order to see. I don't think anyone stopped yelling for more than 30 seconds the entire game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

I've heard people on here talking about getting thrown out for standing... Well that game in the student section you didn't get to see the game unless you were standing on  your chair. It wasn't enough to just stand, you had to stand on the chair in order to see. I don't think anyone stopped yelling for more than 30 seconds the entire game.

how short are you?

Archived