• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here is something to ponder.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

Would USF be in the National Title race if we would have beaten UCONN and Cincy to give us a 10-1 record going into PITT?? I believe we would be right there in position f we just didnt get that bad luck against UCONN and CINCY. USF would be ranked pretty close to WVU, but I think USF would get the edge due to the head to head match up. It just kind of sucks thinking that USF was still in the title race even after that Rutgers loss. I am sure Leavitt is going to sell this season as a great example to recruits in that USF does have a great chance at playing for the national title.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Nope... I think the human voters would keep us down the list... very much like UConn is.

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Just imagine...had we not lost those 3...

It'd be...USF vs WV in the championship game....yeah...is could that even have been possible?

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Nope... I think the human voters would keep us down the list... very much like UConn is.

UConn is down because the only ranked team they beat was us... after we had already lost.

their two losses came to (previously) unranked teams.

i dont think UConn and USF's situations are analagous at all.

• Content Count:  10,219

UConn is down because the only ranked team they beat was us... after we had already lost.

Uconn situation has them playing for the BE championship.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Uconn situation has them playing for the BE championship.

so what's your point?

we're talking about BCS rankings here, not Big East titles.

try to stay on topic, skippy.

• Content Count:  1,165

Just imagine...had we not lost those 3...

It'd be...USF vs WV in the championship game....yeah...is could that even have been possible?

I really don't think USF would  be playing WVU in the NC game if we went undefeated.

• Content Count:  211

I think the BCS absolutely has to take the #1 and #2 teams and right now, if we had not lost those 3 game we would be #1 and WVU would be #2.  Do ya'll remember last year when everyone didn't want to see an OSU and Michigan rematch for NT?  Luckily UF got in theri and stomped all over the Big 10.  I hope it puts that conference in a grave.  Gotta hope WVU plays OSU now and does the same thing.  Big east is a MUCH better conference that big 10

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Kansas is still ahead of WVU, if Mizz beats KU today and Oklahoma, they will jump WVU. So, even if we had made it through undefeated, WVU would not have been number 2 without some luck. The voters would have worked hard to keep that from happening.

I think at 10-1, we would be somewhere around 5 this week, jumping up to 4 and needing some help from Oklahoma to try and get it. I think we would end at number 3-4 and miss a shot at the title.

Having said all of that, we DID lose 3 games, I am over it by now, we just need to win today, hope for a great bowl. Mourn the moving on of our seniors, have a great off season, pick up some recruits, pray for Rice to go to the NFL, and be back in the hunt next season.

• Content Count:  318

If, if, if, if.  We lost 3 games.  Grumble and mumble but stop the if crap.

Remember, if a frog had wings he wouldn't smack his @$$ when he jumps.  That makes as much sense as if we hadn't lost we'd be in the NC game.

Let's just beat the ***** cats from Pitt and win our bowl.  Then we'll be ranked in the preseason and ready to shine in 2008!

Archived