• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why I HAVE to stand almost the whole game......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  0

And no, this topic does NOT belong in the 7 pages of "you are not a real fan if you DON'T STAND all game long" thread.

I have seats that are on the isle between 113 and 114 and people march up and down in a never-ending stream.  Some of them literally almost never stay in their seats.  My brother and I have taken to counting their trips and trying to calculate what the time spent in seat is vs. the cost of the seat for  someone who obviously cares nothing about the Bulls!  Why are they even at the game when the most important thing to them is using the unmoving "stairmaster" on the way to fetch their next BEER! 

The issue is that as long as eveyone fills the isle going and coming I have to stand to see ANYTHING!  Now don't get me wrong, student section Nazis, while I am closer to 50 than 15 I am very fit and don't have a problem standing all game and would in fact prefer it, however the people around me are not as fortunate and they DO like to take a seat from time to time (provided that they can see around the foot traffic themselves).

A point that I would add is that only 1 time in the entire time that I have held my seat (since we have been playing at RayJay) has someone even had the courtesy to sit down on the step when a play starts so that we can see.  The rest  don't pause, they don't stay at the top of the stairs until the play is over, the don't CARE!  I guess their attitude is that they have no interest in seeing the game so why should we?  Lately the kind old gent in front of me has taken to sticking his arm across the isle to block traffic when a play starts!  It does hack the people on the stairs but serves them right.  I would love for the ushers at the top of the stairs to hold people until the break between plays but that would only stop the people going down, not coming back up.

So for those people in the "Stand vs. Sit vs. Stand When Appropriate" fight, what do you do about this situation? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,377
  • Days Won:  10

DouBull, you may be refering to me.  I sit on the aisle sec 114, row z. 

That really is rude of people and is a different issue (as you identify) in that they are not obstructing in order to see the game.  But I see it as either a lost cause, or a matter of education.  Maybe we should have section leaders who explain courtesy to the section before every game.  Of course that would only work on the people who are there before the game starts.  Oh, well.  I guess this is the price (along with a lot of money) that we pay to see it live instead of in our livingrooms.  I am probably moving over into section 113 next year somewhere in the middle so I don't have to contend with the aisle people.  If not, the arm goes up for another season.

• Content Count:  282

Well welcome in GD, glad to run into someone who sits so close.  I am in row BB.

Me and my friends have 6 seats that start at seat 1 on the isle and love our seats.  I did mention to them moving the seats in a couple of sections but we are grandfathered in at our contribution level and they are not keen on paying the increase to move over.  Last time we checked into it the issue was finding 6 seats together as well as the contribution increase to move.  Soo, that is my way of saying that I am probably stuck with it.  I was mulling keeping these seats and starting a second contribution at green jacket level to get better seats for my family, but still unsure about it.

That is my long way of saying that I am with you.....drives me crazy but a small price to pay to watch the unparalelled spectacle of Bulls football!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

And no, this topic does NOT belong in the 7 pages of "you are not a real fan if you DON'T STAND all game long" thread.

I have seats that are on the isle between 113 and 114 and people march up and down in a never-ending stream.  Some of them literally almost never stay in their seats.  My brother and I have taken to counting their trips and trying to calculate what the time spent in seat is vs. the cost of the seat for  someone who obviously cares nothing about the Bulls!  Why are they even at the game when the most important thing to them is using the unmoving "stairmaster" on the way to fetch their next BEER! 

The issue is that as long as eveyone fills the isle going and coming I have to stand to see ANYTHING!  Now don't get me wrong, student section Nazis, while I am closer to 50 than 15 I am very fit and don't have a problem standing all game and would in fact prefer it, however the people around me are not as fortunate and they DO like to take a seat from time to time (provided that they can see around the foot traffic themselves).

A point that I would add is that only 1 time in the entire time that I have held my seat (since we have been playing at RayJay) has someone even had the courtesy to sit down on the step when a play starts so that we can see.  The rest  don't pause, they don't stay at the top of the stairs until the play is over, the don't CARE!  I guess their attitude is that they have no interest in seeing the game so why should we?  Lately the kind old gent in front of me has taken to sticking his arm across the isle to block traffic when a play starts!  It does hack the people on the stairs but serves them right.  I would love for the ushers at the top of the stairs to hold people until the break between plays but that would only stop the people going down, not coming back up.

So for those people in the "Stand vs. Sit vs. Stand When Appropriate" fight, what do you do about this situation?

I'm in the exact same position but above you in 214 on the aisle. Only thing you can do is stand if you can't see. Ironic thing is there's a sign on the Club door saying that the ushers will hold you up while play is in progress ..... That must be only for Bucs games. i'd love to move over but we're a group of 12 and there's just nothing avaia;able any more.

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

it would be nice if people followed the same rules used in hockey games as far as moving in the stands

so glad that the seats I have are in the middle of the row--- end seats are a pain in the arse even if they give you some extra room occasionally

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

My dad HAS to have an isle seat (No clue why...just likes it for some reason) and we get up like every 2 minutes.

We're in 113 too. Row M.

• Content Count:  139

I see your point. But what about those knuckle heads who stand up during the whole game at Bulls basketball games? Some people forget that they are are paying for a SEAT. Not a standing spot.

it would be nice if people followed the same rules used in hockey games as far as moving in the stands

so glad that the seats I have are in the middle of the row--- end seats are a pain in the arse even if they give you some extra room occasionally

Mike, never been to a hockey game.  What is the rule?

I see your point. But what about those knuckle heads who stand up during the whole game at Bulls basketball games? Some people forget that they are are paying for a SEAT. Not a standing spot.

That's another thread further down.

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

Mike, never been to a hockey game.  What is the rule?

the ushers hold anyone from going down the aisle when the play is in progress--- sometimes you wait a while up there for a break in play

most fans also follow this rule in terms of staying in their seat until a break in the game as well

hockey fans are pretty considerate about this

Archived