• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why I hope for the Sun Bowl

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  150

fyi-- Southwest flies to el paso

fyi-- Southwest flies to el paso

Cheapest flights to and from El Paso on Southwest (Dec 29 or 30 - Jan 1) are $253 each way... plus taxes and fees.  $600 per person...

Now at 3400 miles round trip... at 25 MPG highway... is 136 gallons... at $3.25 gallon average would be $442 for gas... throw in $80 for a motel room around Houston each way ($160) and one night in El Paso ($120)... you're just over $700 in travel costs - and if you take 4 people in a car that's less than $200 per person...

Add another $100 for food/snacks for the drive and $100 for food in El Paso... and driving is much less than flying...

Only you lose four days doing it...

My plan would be... depart Tampa early Saturday morning, stop in Houston for the night... get to El Paso before dinner on the 30th ... After the game, leave El Paso and try to make it to Houston (or as far as possible before stopping)... then drive all the way back to Tampa on the 1st... getting in late that night (1am - 2am).

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

IF the sun bowl was against USC or Oregon (Battle of the spread and former #2s!) Id be all for it.

But Car Care is a lot closer, so Im rooting car care against FSU

I ditto that.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

hey jim can i get a ride?  :)

Archived