• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If USF holds you to 55 yards rushing

MikeG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

C-USA is so weak!! Put Smith against some real teams with some real Defenses (Texas does not count, they are highly overrated and terrible!)

Yet they rank 12th nationall against the Run, USF ranks 20th nationally, I guess is overratated and terrible.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  416

C-USA is so weak!! Put Smith against some real teams with some real Defenses (Texas does not count, they are highly overrated and terrible!)

Yet they rank 12th nationall against the Run, USF ranks 20th nationally, I guess is overratated and terrible.

K.Smith only had 55 yards rushing and only averaged 3.1 YPC against USF yet K. Smith rolls up the yards in C-USA. Methinks the C-USA is a pile of suck.

p.s. Pick a team to follow and post on their boards instead of the team that beat them both.

• Content Count:  416

Maybe Cyber is right about us relying more on Ford and the running game--- and especially the balance factor. I just have trouble not relying on what works-- Grothe-- for the majority of our offensive output.

All I want mike is more Balance. Groethe is awesome but we don't block well enough to have Groethe run it every down when our recievers are dropping passes. Rutgers was all over that gameplan.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Has Texas faced Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, Pat White? Three heisman candidates? I don't think so.

I won't say they are bad, but our defense is better. Ray Rice runs well against us, the guy from UConn ran well. Smith is a good back, but he isn't as good as his numbers in C-USA.

• Content Count:  5,241

Have you seen Texas play this year besides ucf??? Im not pointing at specific parts of their game, but they are vastly overrated!

• Content Count:  132

Have you seen Texas play this year besides ucf??? Im not pointing at specific parts of their game, but they are vastly overrated!

And yet they are ranked and USF is not.  Please enough of the Texas stuff, show me one team outside Auburn that any Big East has beaten from another conference that is currently ranked. 

Also, please stop with the Ford stuff comparing to Smith.  While Ford has averaged 4.9 carries over 116 carries, Smiith has averaged 5.9 yards per carry over 330.  Also, before you start throwing out the CUSA defense crap, realize that Ford has only TWO 100 yard games, both coming against Big East teams.  Those teams, Cuse and Louisville, Cuse's rushing defense is ranked #109, only one CUSA team behind them.  And UL, their total defense is ranked #81with a rushing defense ranked #72.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

And yet they are ranked and USF is not.  Please enough of the Texas stuff, show me one team outside Auburn that any Big East has beaten from another conference that is currently ranked. 

Also, please stop with the Ford stuff comparing to Smith.  While Ford has averaged 4.9 carries over 116 carries, Smiith has averaged 5.9 yards per carry over 330.  Also, before you start throwing out the CUSA defense crap, realize that Ford has only TWO 100 yard games, both coming against Big East teams.  Those teams, Cuse and Louisville, Cuse's rushing defense is ranked #109, only one CUSA team behind them.  And UL, their total defense is ranked #81with a rushing defense ranked #72.

I don't know if anyone was comparing current Ford to current Smith. But, I think Ford will be a better all-around back. Ford has 3 games with over 15 carries, two of them were for 100+, one was against Auburn where he had 72 I think.

Honestly, I don't see how you can be a UCF fan and use the argument that Texas is ranked higher than us, so they must be better. Maybe UCF hasn't gotten to the point yet where their lack of tradition vs the big name programs has held them back.

No USF running back will ever have Smith's numbers. USF fans need to get used to that. Of course, even Andre Hall averaged 8 less carries per game, and was playing better competition, but thats beside the point. O'Leary will ride Smith until he breaks (or leaves for the NFL after this season), then can the rest of the UCF team win games without him? I don't know one way or the other because honestly other than Smith, Israel, and Greco, (Rocky something?) I can't name one UCF player. Thats not a slam, but the truth, and I live in Orlando.

Let me ask a serious question, as a football fan, not a USF fan/UCF hater... Does the avid UCF fan think that George O'Leary can advance the program to where you want to get?

My answer as a football fan (I am sure there is some USF bias in here thoug)... He has done a great job of building some excitement, and getting into a new staduim. However, 0-11 in year 1. Solid season the next year. Losing record last year, and possibly a conference championship this year. The concern though is this. What is he building? Is the defense any better than it was when he got there (don't look at stats, you have watched the games, your competition is down this year, is the D REALLY better?). Is the QB situation any better? Do you have young receivers that you feel will be playmakers? My feeling is that if Kevin Smith were to get hurt in practice tomorrow, UCF may not win another game this year. If he leaves, I could see another losing season next year. Honestly, I don't know much about your young players, but I don't see the athletiscm that could develop.

Example: No one would have said Mike Jenkins or Trae Williams were great their freshman year, but you could see that they were going to be. We see the same thing with Ford, Grothe, Mitchell, Bogan, Hester, Selvie, Robinson, Murphy, Allen, etc.

Maybe UCF fans are seeing the talent getting better, maybe those key young players are there, just working into the mix, I don't know.

UCF fans will say we were in the same boat with Hall, but we had Ricky Ponton backing him up who looked great in limited duty. Also, Julmiste wasn't a great QB, but we had Carlton Hill ready to take over. Neither player worked out, but we could still see that the future wasn't bleek without Hall.

Anyway, this is a long post, but I wanted to get some honest feedback about where UCF fans think their program is, and where it is going under GOL.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Comparing UCF to USF again, eh?

Let's see how UCF would do against our schedule....

Elon- Win

Auburn- Ass whipped

UNC- If they were to play now, UNC

West Virginia- might give up 100 points

FAU- Win

USF- We all know what happened

Rutgers- they would upset Rutgers

UCONN- close loss

Cincy- Loss

Syracuse- win

Louisville- Win (Louisville is a disgrace right now)

Pitt- Win

I see them going 6-6 IF they were lucky. 

We would go 11-1 with their schedule, maybe 12-0

Stop the comparisons, please and thank you.

Oh, BTW... USF IS ranked ToeJam.

• Content Count:  2,239

I'd put Hart, Rice, Slaton, and McFadden ahead of Smith.

That's good company to be associated with in my opinion.  I agree that CUSA defenses are weak across the board, but Smith put up 149 against Texas and 217 against NC State.  Neither the Texas or NC State teams have stellar defenses this year, but they have BCS caliber defensive athletes with good speed, and it's not like our passing attack scared anybody out of stacking the box.

Bottom line and to answer the Sun Sports question - I think McFadden is the best RB in the nation, but Smith will be playing on Sundays.

is it safe to say that USF is the only defense that has contained Smith this season?

Remember, Smith was yanked early 2nd half when the game got out of hand.  If he played the whole game, could he have broken 100 yards?  Maybe, but we can only speculate.  Mike Hart is vastly overrated.

• Content Count:  2,239

Comparing UCF to USF again, eh?

Let's see how UCF would do against our schedule....

Elon- Win

Auburn- Ass whipped

UNC- If they were to play now, UNC

West Virginia- might give up 100 points

FAU- Win

USF- We all know what happened

Rutgers- they would upset Rutgers

UCONN- close loss

Cincy- Loss

Syracuse- win

Louisville- Win (Louisville is a disgrace right now)

Pitt- Win

I see them going 6-6 IF they were lucky. 

We would go 11-1 with their schedule, maybe 12-0

Stop the comparisons, please and thank you.

Oh, BTW... USF IS ranked ToeJam.

I gotta disagree with UNC.  If we played them when you played them(keeping a level playing field), I don't see UNC doing all that well.  UNC has improved as the season wore on.  Auburn was like that too.  They went from a very flaky team who was so inconsistent, they could lose to a Sun Belt team(I know they didn't), to a middle of the road SEC team.  I don't think they could ass whip anyone who is in the top 60 to start the year.  Honestly, I see 7 to 8 wins with that schedule.  That really isn't that bad(Cincy being that flex game).

Maybe I missed something, but I don't remember South Florida being ranked this week in the AP, USA Today or Harris polls.

Archived