• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's soccer makes NCAA!! 1st round home game vs. Colgate

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

GarySJ,

Remember when Colgate got selected for the 1AA football playoffs while USF got snubbed?? I believe it was the 1999 year in which USF got screwed because we were not in a 1AA conference like Colgate was during that time.  Anyway, there are a lot of BIG EAST teams that made the soccer field of 48. USF, Notre Dame, UL, WVU, Depaul, and UCONN all making it shows a very strong BIG EAST soccer league.

• Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

Remember when Colgate got selected for the 1AA football playoffs while USF got snubbed?? I believe it was the 1999 year in which USF got screwed because we were not in a 1AA conference like Colgate was during that time.

That is the correct answer! You are hereby added to my internal list of "Old School Bulls Fans" whose USF fan credentials are beyond question.

MikeG also got the correct answer, but he was already on that list. However, he, and you, are entitled to free drinks if USF goes to the College World Series or otherwise plays a sporting event in Omaha. (I was really hoping USF men's soccer would be in the Creighton bracket.)

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

How much are tickets?  Are they more than regular season?

Jim, I think they are normally $5, so I imagine that is the price.  Its supposed to rain on Friday too.  Hopefully we'll get a crowd out there.  I'm going to try to make it.  Let's have a Bullspen Rally out at the Soccer Field and beat those Colgaters.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Why duck UConn... the only thing that bothers me about looking ahead to that game... read the articles about our first game with them and then our second... We've either regressed as a team... played over our head the first game... or we just sucked all together in Storrs. Hopefully we play similar to our first game against them where we controlled the action. If the championship runs through UConn... bring them on!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Why duck UConn... the only thing that bothers me about looking ahead to that game... read the articles about our first game with them and then our second... We've either regressed as a team... played over our head the first game... or we just sucked all together in Storrs. Hopefully we play similar to our first game against them where we controlled the action. If the championship runs through UConn... bring them on!

Even before UConn, we have to beat Colgate and then an Akron team that has some gaudy numbers.  I imagine we'd be playing in the cold up in Akron, so that wouldn't be an easy task either.  But first, we need to handle Colgate.  But I'm with the Sherriff.  To be the best you have to beat the best.  Not afraid of the Huskies.

Archived