• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My heart goes out to Whitehead and family!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

I know we are playing them and some might say its good a key player is out.  But as a players dad, it is heart breaking to see a good football player with a chance to make it find out his football days are over. These kids work so hard to be the at the top of there game, and every kids dream is to play at the next level. To have it taken away like that just kills me. So to Whitehead and his family, I am truly sorry and may god open up more doors in your life.

Sorry for the downer guys, but as a Dad of a player just got me!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3112968

• Content Count:  46

I know we are playing them and some might say its good a key player is out.  But as a players dad, it is heart breaking to see a good football player with a chance to make it find out his football days are over. These kids work so hard to be the at the top of there game, and every kids dream is to play at the next level. To have it taken away like that just kills me. So to Whitehead and his family, I am truly sorry and may god open up more doors in your life.

Sorry for the downer guys, but as a Dad of a player just got me!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3112968

Being a fan of Sports, I hate to see any player get injured. Hopefully things will change in this kids favor in the future.

Tell Matt good luck this week and beat the Cardinals. I will be watching.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Good post.

Go Cards.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Prayers with him and his family.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not a dad of a player [though I have a tape of my 9 mo. old son to be sent to CJL :)], and that type of stuff gets me too.  Hopefully Whitehead can get the most out of his education and achieve "greatness" in other endeavors.  I'll be rooting for him.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Not quite the same, but my daughter is a freshman and made the varsity soccer team.  Five games in, one of the seniors went down with a knee injury and will likely never play soccer again.  Her knee was bad before the season and because of it she didn't expect to play college ball, but wanted to finish her high school career.  It hurt me and I had never met the girl before a few weeks ago.

Good luck to Peanut, and I hope he finds the silver lining.

• Content Count:  2,478

I never want to see a player end their career like that. These kids love the game more than anything and not to play it again is just heartbreaking.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

President of my company is a big L'ville fan and the North American office of our parent company is in L'ville. We talked about this sad news today ... and the crasy thing is that another player on their team has the same situation.

The best for both of them.

• Content Count:  12,293

its just tough when any athlete has to leave the game they love on terms that arent their own....let alone an injury when you are playing on the level that Peanut is/was

Archived