• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We could learn a lot from the WVU offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I am actually not that much of a fan of WVU's offense.  I am glad it works for them but I wouldn't want to copy that.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

when you turn the ball over 8 times

little else matters

Exactly ..

...and, in case anyone missed it, the game winning td appeared to come on a qb draw.  ;D

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

when you turn the ball over 8 times

little else matters

Exactly ..

...and, in case anyone missed it, the game winning td appeared to come on a qb draw.  ;D

WVU didn't protect the ball well against a soft Louisville D, either.

and the QB draw works for White because they have a significant threat at tailback in Slaton.

we weither don't have that threat, or are not using it effectively (Ford).

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

The same offense whose fans were screaming, why don't we run it up the middle of USF?!? All we do is run bubble screens and wide right or left. Rich Rodriguez is a joke, he makes no adjustments. That offense? The one that looked like our offense the whole 2nd half against Louisville. I think we could learn from the Oregon offense but WVU....give me a break. Remember this wasn't LSU they were playing....it was the Louisville defense.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

When you have a dual threat QB roll out, pass defenders have a tendency to freeze or drop coverage. If they don't the QB usually only has one guy to beat in the open field for some good yards. When your dual threat QB throws better on the run, it’s icing on the cake for such a play.

I'm not usually one to complain, but our lack of roll out plays this year is frustrating.

Your not the only one after all we do have a MOBILE QB

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Speaking of our offense.... I hear everyone complaining about Grothe, Gregory, not using Ford, dropped balls by the WR, but I havn't noticed anyone really commenting on the OL blocking. I mean is it just me, or does that really seem to be the problem? Our line has been a problem for a while now. Losing Walker at Rutgers made it that much worse. Until we getting bigger OL-men that can block we will continue to complain about our running game. We get no push .... unless you count the FAU game. Sure we can complain about a lot of things....I'm not a fan of a lot of Gregory's calls, I can't believe how many balls we dropped, but the truth is each recruiting class is more talented than the one before it. I don't think the OL talent has caught up just yet.

• Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

I say we learn from the Oregon offense if any offense. I would have to have an offense like west virginia's and then play a defense like south florida's.

Speaking of our offense.... I hear everyone complaining about Grothe, Gregory, not using Ford, dropped balls by the WR, but I havn't noticed anyone really commenting on the OL blocking. I mean is it just me, or does that really seem to be the problem? Our line has been a problem for a while now. Losing Walker at Rutgers made it that much worse. Until we getting bigger OL-men that can block we will continue to complain about our running game. We get no push .... unless you count the FAU game. Sure we can complain about a lot of things....I'm not a fan of a lot of Gregory's calls, I can't believe how many balls we dropped, but the truth is each recruiting class is more talented than the one before it. I don't think the OL talent has caught up just yet.

i don't know what you've been reading, but SEVERAL of us have noted the dinged up, depleted OLine as one of the reasons we havent been able to do much.  Walker out, Capogna hurt, Huners has been out.

we had success running earlier in the season (Ford rushed for 74 yards at Auburn, so clearly the OLine was adequate against a stellar AU DLine), but the injuries pile up.  Walker going down in the first half of Rutgers was the straw that broke the OLine's back, and contributed to the slide we've been on since.

we all know the OLine is an issue... not necessarily because of the talent of our starters, but because they're hurt and we don't have that much depth to replace them.  had we come into the season with our OLine in-tact and healthy with all those returning starters, they would have been one of the best in the league.

I say we learn from the Oregon offense if any offense. I would have to have an offense like west virginia's and then play a defense like south florida's.

Oregon also has a phenomenal running back in Jonathan Stewart that has rushed for nearly 1200 yards already this season.

they also play Pac-10 defenses that are not exactly the same caliber as those on USF's schedule--- Auburn, Rutgers, UConn or Cinci.

The same offense whose fans were screaming, why don't we run it up the middle of USF?!? All we do is run bubble screens and wide right or left. Rich Rodriguez is a joke, he makes no adjustments. That offense? The one that looked like our offense the whole 2nd half against Louisville. I think we could learn from the Oregon offense but WVU....give me a break. Remember this wasn't LSU they were playing....it was the Louisville defense.

WVU put up 437 yards on our defense.

they only put up 397 on Louisville's.

the only difference was the redzone and turnover margin.

Archived