• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We could learn a lot from the WVU offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

When you have a dual threat QB roll out, pass defenders have a tendency to freeze or drop coverage. If they don't the QB usually only has one guy to beat in the open field for some good yards. When your dual threat QB throws better on the run, it’s icing on the cake for such a play.

I'm not usually one to complain, but our lack of roll out plays this year is frustrating.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,478

I was thinking the same thing a few minutes ago.

We need a running back that can consistently pick up yards for it to really work though.

• Content Count:  400

We need a running back

we have a running back.  his name is matt grothe.  :(

• Content Count:  4,738

do we really need two threads about learning from the mountainqueers?  Or even one?

• Content Count:  282

do we really need two threads about learning from the mountainqueers?  Or even one?

Always learn from success, particularly the success of a despised rival.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

When you have a dual threat QB roll out, pass defenders have a tendency to freeze or drop coverage. If they don't the QB usually only has one guy to beat in the open field for some good yards. When your dual threat QB throws better on the run, it’s icing on the cake for such a play.

I'm not usually one to complain, but our lack of roll out plays this year is frustrating.

We have learned a lot from them, that's why we stop them every time we play them.  Even the first game in Tampa they didn't do anything except the 2 or 3 long runs that white happened to break.

• Content Count:  635

yeah, forget them and their consistent top 10 ranking. we should just stick to our stupid offense. cuZ dAy R gAyFurZ LuLz

• Content Count:  127

also they use a FULLBACK that schimtt guy is crazy did you see him hit himself in the head wiith his helmet.

I want to see BEN at FB infront of Ford!!

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

yeah... it's amazing that our coaching staff has learned so much about their offense that they've figured out how to stop it 2 years in a row...

yet we can't implement some of their offensive schemes to move the ball and score.

i agree with the OP... more designed roll out plays, more use of a full back (Ben or Kelly or Padilla)... some variety in the offensive playcalling.

did anyone see that I-formation they ran in the 4th quarter (i believe) ?  play action for a touchdown.  beautiful thing.

with WVU, u really get the feeling that they can break a big play at any time, and will score with every posession.  with USF, i find myself holding my breath when our offense has the ball, cuz it seems like half our plays are either for losses or for 1 or 2 yards... and when we get in the redzone it seems our offense completely fizzles.

granted, WVU's offense has incredibly talented athletes and depth at nearly every position (White/Brown, Slaton/Devine, Schmitt, Reynaud), but i think we can implement variations of their offensive schemes and be more productive.

our players are young and not the same caliber, but we really do not use the talent we do have effectively.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

when you turn the ball over 8 times

little else matters

Archived