• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We could learn a lot from the WVU offense

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

We Run the same offense as WVU.  It is a frustrating offense that is a quick strike home run hitting running attack which is really odd.  But it is keyed upon mismatches and breakdowns.

We do not have any significant threat of making a play by anyone not named GROTHE.

Defenses cheat against us... Just like we do against WVU,  the difference is simple...

WVU has other offensive threats than their QB and burn the crap out of the cheating defense. 

Our defense can beat WVU because they can cheat and get away with it because of our speed and ability in the defensive backfield.

The game was won last night by 3 completions the final drive (and one was called back b/c of a hold).  UL's Safety's started paying attention to the WR and let White get by the initial defense.

Our offense.  Defenses play zone and put a spy on Grothe, our WR's don't get open and they don't have to respect our RB's.

WVU offense.  Defenses play man, key on shutting down Slayton, and then after White victimizes them, so then they put a spy on him and viola opens up the passing game.  Most Defenses don't have enough players to go around to shutdown their offense.  Our defense did and when they tackled well could do it.  Not sure at this point in the season where we would stand.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

What we could learn from WVU is that they go to an I Formation once they get inside the 20.  Makes it easier to do play action with a guy 7 yards back versus a guy right next to you when the ball is snapped.  Defenses don't move too much when the play action is only a second after the snap........  White's two TD passes were both inside the 20, one coming off the I Formation, and the other coming after a designed roll out.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

What we could learn from WVU is that they go to an I Formation once they get inside the 20.  Makes it easier to do play action with a guy 7 yards back versus a guy right next to you when the ball is snapped.  Defenses don't move too much when the play action is only a second after the snap........  White's two TD passes were both inside the 20, one coming off the I Formation, and the other coming after a designed roll out.

yes.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

The same offense whose fans were screaming, why don't we run it up the middle of USF?!? All we do is run bubble screens and wide right or left. Rich Rodriguez is a joke, he makes no adjustments. That offense? The one that looked like our offense the whole 2nd half against Louisville. I think we could learn from the Oregon offense but WVU....give me a break. Remember this wasn't LSU they were playing....it was the Louisville defense.

WVU put up 437 yards on our defense.

they only put up 397 on Louisville's.

the only difference was the redzone and turnover margin.

We were pretty much in a prevent defense the whole second half (after opening TD drive). We were willing to give up the short passes to stop them from getting a big play. When you are winning, you can afford to give up yards like that. Seriously, if you were at the game, did you feel like we gave up that much? I took a friend that is nuetral to that game, and he and I were guessing somewhere around 320-350 leaving the stadium. When he looked it up on the way home, we were shocked.

Yeah, we gave up yards, but still dominated that game.

As for them winning on a QB draw, did they run that same play 37 times already in the game?

• Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

It's amazing how West Virginia turned it over constantly yet they still won.

We could not currently model our offense after West Virginia's because we do not have a good offensive line, the offensive line is the key of that offense.

Archived