• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TBO.com

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  155

I can do you one better (worse)--- I have a cousin who decided it was a great idea to get married the day AFTER THANKSGIVING. They have it all planned out-- rehearsal dinner on Wednesday, Turkey day on Thursday, Wedding on Friday, Gift opening on Saturday.

Now it's bad enough that it is the absolute worst time to travel in the year next to say Christmas--- but to also have it take 4 days? That's just odd to me

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

I can do you one better (worse)--- I have a cousin who decided it was a great idea to get married the day AFTER THANKSGIVING. They have it all planned out-- rehearsal dinner on Wednesday, Turkey day on Thursday, Wedding on Friday, Gift opening on Saturday.

Now it's bad enough that it is the absolute worst time to travel in the year next to say Christmas--- but to also have it take 4 days? That's just odd to me

Ours was the Sat. after Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving on Thursday, rehearsal on Friday, and wedding on Sat.  It actually worked out great because despite being a bad time to travel it's also a good time to travel because you have more than just the weekend off of work.  So out-of-towners are more likely to come because they can spend more then just the weekend in beautiful Florida.

Why do people get married during football season ?

:nope

Crambone got married just a few weeks ago, but he made sure it wasn't a game day.

Yes, but in 5 years, is the anniversary going to be on a game day? Always avoid football and hunting season men. Luckily they are pretty much the same time which poses it's own problems, but adding a third issue to the mix can't be a good thing.

Please note, I am single and thus have no idea what I am talking about. Also, ladies, your man should never put football before his love for you (and let you know about it at least).  ;)

I can tell you that when (because it will happen) our anniversary falls on a game day the anniversary will be celebrated the day before/after the game.  Not just by my choice, my wife loves the Bulls just as much as she loves me... I think sometimes even more than me  :-\

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

Especially avoid October, not only do you have college football but it's baseball playoffs, the NFL season is in full swing, and hockey and basketball are starting. October weddings should either be outlawed or it should be mandatory to have at least 2 big screen HD TVs with satellite at the reception.

We got married on the day of the WVU game last year.  Luckily it was an away game and the wedding wasn't until after the game.  The photographer said he's never had to wait on a bride watching a football game to take pictures!  We got some pics of the whole wedding party with their "horns up."  That game made my day....well and the wedding of course too.  ;D

sounds like a great picture-- please post it

Here you go Mike:

BRA062.jpg

All of us smiling big after a win over WVU!  ;)

• Content Count:  189

The girl on the end is smokin

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Especially avoid October, not only do you have college football but it's baseball playoffs, the NFL season is in full swing, and hockey and basketball are starting. October weddings should either be outlawed or it should be mandatory to have at least 2 big screen HD TVs with satellite at the reception.

Also, ladies, your man should never put football before his love for you (and let you know about it at least).  ;)

Archived