• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

commits/injury update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/06/Sports/FSU_s_Weatherford__Hu.shtml

"USF: Two commitments

TAMPA - The Bulls picked up a pair of junior college oral commitments over the weekend in linebacker Kion Wilson and defensive back Theo Wilson, said their coach at Pearl River Community College in Mississippi.

Kion Wilson, from Jacksonville, is a four-star recruit, according to Scout.com, making him the highest-rated commitment in USF's class. He'll graduate from Pearl River in December, allowing him to join the Bulls in January with two years of eligibility.

"It's a good one for them, but they have a good program, so that shouldn't surprise people," Tim Hatten said.

Theo Wilson (no relation), 5-11 and 195 pounds, was a standout quarterback at Dunedin but is most likely a defensive back at USF.

The two pledges, who made campus visits this weekend, give USF 17 commitments for the 2008 class, including two previous signees who have now qualified and will enroll in January.

NIGHT GAME: USF's final home game, Nov. 17 against Louisville, has been scheduled for 8 p.m. and will be broadcast on ESPNU.

INJURY UPDATE: Receivers Amarri Jackson (knee), Taurus Johnson (ankle) and Dontavia Bogan (hip) did not practice, though Bogan was just "sore," coach Jim Leavitt said. Running back Ben Williams was held out with a sore ankle but is likely to play Saturday at Syracuse.

Guard Matt Huners made his season debut Saturday after missing eight games recovering from knee surgery, and Leavitt said he's competing to start.

"Everything's up in the air on the offensive line right now," Leavitt said. "I wasn't real happy with how we played on the offensive line."

Greg Auman, Times staff writer "

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

These past 3 losses have been bad, but there are too many positives and the future is very bright for this program.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

These past 3 losses have been bad, but there are too many positives and the future is very bright for this program.

Go BULLS !!!

I agree. In the upcoming years we are going to have a group of receivers that is on better than any team in the country.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

the LB commit is 4 star if anyone cares.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

And wouldn't be surprised when a "Blue Chip" HS WR & LB become BULLS in this class.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  919

I don't know much about Kion Wilson, but I like the stars! Looks like LB will continue to be stacked for years to come!  The New Linebacker U!

• Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

I do loves me some linebackers.

• Content Count:  2,478

I just got back from Andros and I saw Dontavia Bogan.

He is still limping........................  :'(

Archived