• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how about we talk about our upcoming game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

USF TOs must vanish, Grothe must learn to throw the ball away instead of taking a sack/TFL and special teams play must improve.  Getting a moderate running game vs UC will make this a successful outing but it is unlikely since UC has a defense comparable to RU & UCONN.  I'd really like to see some power "I" formations with B.Williams as the FB and M.Ford or Jameel at TB.  Maybe even a option/veer wrinkle thrown in for a surprise.

I agree completely.  Grothe has shown a tendency for telegraphing passes from the pocket this year (and I'm one who wants him to roll out much more).  I mentioned this before the UCONN game and that first one happened just like predicted - in the short zone by a fast linebacker.  Cincy is as good as UCONN defensing the same way. Their safety and linebackers will break early on the ball and will steal telegraphed passes.  If it happens another game I'll blame it on coaching again, since this is clearly evident in Cincy's game films and Grothe is too smart to do it if it's pointed out to him profoundly. I also agree with the two back set - Pitt had great success running right at them and I think our offensive line is better than Pitt's.  Special teams must get better and we must stop the stupid penalties.  We must take a lead into the half, no coasting, balls out for four full quarters and leave nothing to chance or refs.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

To me, this game will not be about X's and O's.  It will be about the heart and character of the USF Football Team.  I think they will raise their level of play at home, and take care of business in this one.

• Content Count:  145

Walt not being there is hurting our offense.. they are sacking Grothe too much from that side of the line.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Cinci is going to blitz their faces off this saturday so we need to be ready to use screens and quick passes.  Last year they were constantly blitzing and getting pressure on Matt because we had no running game at all.  Thier defense put points on the board and held us to under 250yds of offense with this strategy so i can see them using it again.  Heres a break down of last years game for those who dont remember

Cincinnati thumps USF for first Big East win of season

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Kevin McCullough returned a fumble 39 yards for a touchdown, and Greg Moore and Butler Benton had touchdown runs in the fourth quarter to lead Cincinnati over South Florida 23-6 Sunday night.

Neither offense reached the end zone until the fourth, when Moore's 1-yard run and Benton's 27-yard score helped the Bearcats (4-4, 1-2 Big East) take a 23-0 lead.

Two linebackers combined on the play that put Cincinnati ahead 9-0 in the third. Trevor Anderson stripped the ball from South Florida's Taurus Johnson, and McCullough ran back the fumble for the game's first touchdown.

The Bulls (5-3, 1-2) committed three turnovers. Redshirt freshman quarterback Matt Grothe lost a fumble in the first quarter, and he was intercepted at the Bearcats' 11-yard line by Dominic Ross in the third.

South Florida avoided a shutout on backup quarterback Pat Julmiste's 10-yard touchdown pass to Amp Hill with 50 seconds remaining.

The game started four hours after the Cincinnati Bengals beat the Carolina Panthers 17-14 a couple miles south of the University of Cincinnati campus and drew a crowd of only 15,889 -- almost 4,000 below the Bearcats' average in four previous home games.

Fans who had ticket stubs from the Bengals' game were eligible for discounted tickets to the college game.

The Bearcats had a 2-0 lead at halftime. Bulls running back Benjamin Williams was tackled by Anderson in the South Florida end zone for a safety with 5:39 left in the first quarter.

The Bulls came in averaging 379.4 yards of offense and were held to 219, their fewest in 15 games since gaining 174 in a 27-7 loss at Miami on Oct. 1, 2005.

Both teams played on Sunday night for the first time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=262952132

• Content Count:  5,691

One of the worst ideas was having sunday night college football.

Let the wac and cusa play those games for now on.

I do remember them being more physical than us.

Archived